Discuss Led panels off multi occupancy sensors in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

stidge

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all , I’m looking at installing 17 led 600x600 panels into suspended ceiling in changing rooms . There are 2 x entrances and showers so I’m thinking 3 x pir 360 ( occupancy sensors ) to control all lighting . Anyone have any experience with connecting all s/l together in sensors to turn on lights ? Basically whichever sensor is triggered will turn on panels ! Wondering if back feed on switch lives to sensors not triggered if it’ll cause a problem? I’m my eyes should be fine but not done this before with multiple sensors ! Cheers in advance

I have done this many times with & without contactors
Chcek what the max PIR switching load is and as long as its within the load for these 17 panels then just run a 3 core & earth between the PIRs or the whole circuit if some of the panels are also EMs

I have done this many times with & without contactors
Chcek what the max PIR switching load is and as long as its within the load for these 17 panels then just run a 3 core & earth between the PIRs or the whole circuit if some of the panels are also EMs
I've done it myself, but the highest led load I've found on a pir so far is 500w on the tumeguard model, 17 panels could bring the op above this

I've done it myself, but the highest led load I've found on a pir so far is 500w on the tumeguard model, 17 panels could bring the op above this
Most PIRs give data for different lights and as you say most for LED range between 250-500w but some like the MK just state a max switching load of 6a
without stating a max LED load
I have fried a few PIRs which were supposed to handle the load so if anywhere near the max rated load I would always use contactors
For 17 LED panels probably rated at 32w/40w I would use contactors and the PIRs would then switch the contactors coils

Reply to Led panels off multi occupancy sensors in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net