Discuss LED wiring series-parallel / help me understand in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have a constant current driver for led lighting with an output of 1,05A at 150V dimmable down to 50%/525mA
I want to wire one LED spot with ~67V/1,05A and a series of LED strips at 23,5V/1,05A each, in parallel to the dimmer mentioned.

Basically I want to have a switch for the spot and one for the two strips, and running 525mA to 1,05A for every LED

Will this work as intened or is there something I'm missing due to my lack of knowledge

TL;DR
How does parallel wiring of LEDs to a constant current driver affect the current received by each LED
I have a constant current driver for led lighting with an output of 1,05A at 150V dimmable down to 50%/525mA
I want to wire one LED spot with ~67V/1,05A and a series of LED strips at 23,5V/1,05A each, in parallel to the dimmer mentioned.

Basically I want to have a switch for the spot and one for the two strips, and running 525mA to 1,05A for every LED

Will this work as intened or is there something I'm missing due to my lack of knowledge
I've only done some serial LED wiring so far and as I understand it the sum of the voltage intake of all LEDs wired in series cannot exceed the output of the driver (150V in as above) assuring every LED will run at max current flow

I'm just not sure how and if these rules apply to parallel wiring and if I need to get a different driver
If someone could clear the doubts that watching too many wiring videos have caused I'd really really appreciate it

Believe me, it would be much complicated than buying a new lighting fixture of each. Cause the constant-current led strip light is so difficult to find and very expensive, normally 2-3 times of the normal strip light.

No I didn't buy everything together but its all from the same place; also I have wired stuff like this to mentioned driver or similar ones in series before, its just that I know want to have switches for mentioned LEDs separately, but it seems I have to wire it in series anyway and just use different switches

As you have constant current (CC) kit, everything needs to be wired in series. Wiring in parallel will split the current, but not uniformly - chances are that just one device will light and the rest will be either off or very dim.
What you can do is wire a switch to short out one device. The CC driver will simply reduce it's output voltage to suit. But there must always be at least one device that cannot be bypassed in this manner - otherwise you risk a complete short across the driver (which may cope, but in the very least it will be inefficient having it running all the time until someone thinks to turn it off). The driver may have a minimum load (output voltage) as well as a maximum.

Reply to LED wiring series-parallel / help me understand in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net