Discuss Live Earth Reverse in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Booked in to go back, finished the EICR at 3pm but was then faffing around trying to find a nuetral problem until 5pm. Neither socket either side of the break had an issue

The break must be under the boards and running the tests today must have made the issue worse.

Thanks for the assistance guys.

How old is this installation and are there any signs of any alterations / modifications to the RFC

You say the fault appears to be under the floor do the cables from the sockets go up or down the wall, have had it before where one of the fixings for a shelf or a cupboard had damaged a cable and also a skirting board fixing after a laminate floor had been laid and new skirting was fixed

sometimes a missing cpc at a socket will show L-E reverse on a socket tester.

Reply to Live Earth Reverse in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi. I'm in the process of getting my qualifications and am taking on some small jobs for family to try and get some experience in. Today I was...
Replies
Views
I've just picked one of these up on a famous auction site. The voltages, low and high resistance ranges all appear to be working fine but it's not...
Replies
Views
I have got these questions on 2391-52 inspection and testing but can't remember option of 1st two questions. Please any suggestion will be...
Replies
Views
I had an interesting little job this morning. Three sockets in an extension were not working and haven't worked for quite some time (years). It...
Replies
Views
Hi all, New to the forum. I have been asked to look at this for one of our guys who's had an issue onsite after some electrical works had been...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock