Discuss ltd/sole registered governing body ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Elecsa for domestic work and cover my rear for LABC works.

Haven't joined any scheme for the bits of commercial/agricultural/industrial works i do as i dont chase the big jobs (being a sole trader i often subbie to afew of the bigger fish for big industrial work) and my other none domestic customers have known me so long they dont ask for scheme membership so i've seen no benefit personaly to stump up my cash for it.

I'm happy letting others handle the stress of the bigger jobs.....i may never be a rich man that way but life is alot easier.

Besides that bigger jobs means employing people to help do them and truth be told i'd end up being the type of boss i went sole trader to get away from. Much happier it being just me being responsible for everything my firms name goes on and only haveing one boss to slap me about....SWMBO!

Nope.....but saved alot of money by not haveing LABC charge to 'apparently' check my work for each notifiable job,that's been the only benefit so far tbh.

Anything to stop giving SHDC (the local council) any more money than i need to...council tax itself is bad enough.

a & c (considering changing a to b due to turnover/profit)

C because it sets you apart from local cowboys when doing domestic and adds to your credibility, plus I simply couldn't take the hassle dealing with LABC for board changes etc. Round my way 3 notifications and the membership is a saving just in financial terms.

Reply to ltd/sole registered governing body ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Completed my AM2s start of this year. My whole career plan is to run my own company/sole trader. Be my own boss basically. I always get asked...
Replies
Views
I have completed Level 2, currently doing the 18th edition course, I wanted to know, what is it like to get myself into the commercial scene, I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, I figured the general forum may be the best bet :) Thank you for taking...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Register your Klein Tools online today to access tool details and protect yourself against tool theft! If you own Klein Tools in the USA or the...
Replies
Views
Hello all Well, been putting it off, but I need to upgrade my 17th edition to the 18th. Not been a practising sparky for over 5 years, but I have...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock