Discuss Mcb screwdiver in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

anone having these drivers MARK then so you dont get apprentices trying to use thedm in normal scrws and knackering them iv got the old Ck ones orange nice n easy to tll the differance

This is the only reason I've bought a new set a few years ago. Wouldn't mind but one of the best sparks I've every worked with, snapped my PZ mcb driver because he thought it was a normal pozi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your opinion! I Think i'll go with the CK ones. I have always used a large flat screwdriver but still find when screwing up a ring MCB one of the ******** always comes loose when checking for an "electricity sound connection".

Reading this thread most people seem very impressed and happy with them, until reading this i was totally unaware of such screwdrivers!

Will post my thoughts when they arrive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my CK terminal driver (on Left) definitely better than a normal Pozi2 or flatty

P1050400.jpg

just turned up today. I phoned them and they were out of stock. They reckon it usually only takes a couple of days.

They are LUSH. Can't wait to use them. I will get some photos soon but on the way out now.

Cheers ALL!

IMG_0849.jpg
IMG_0852.jpg
IMG_0850.jpg
IMG_0846.jpg

Here they are. Pics ain't the best but you'll get the gist. They are extremely lightweight and it remains to be seen how much ooomph you can get behind them. The carry case is nice, it fits on your belt (if that appeals to you). Each part can be re-ordered separately if need be, and the only downside I can see is the inclusion of that naff neon thingy? Whats that for? Oh, I remember. making holes in plasterboard.

Yeah them plasterboard neons are excellent, I must admit I do like the carry case, so is there flat bits bits as well? or just plus minus?

I like the fact that the set shown has the "Slim" insulation thats the drawback of ruddy RCBOs just now Im lookin for that set as im not cuttin insulation off my good ones

1x bit holder

4x torx bits 10, 15, 20, 25
4 x flat bits 0.4x2.5, 0.5x3.0, 0.8x4.0, 1.0x5.5
PH1, PH2, PZ1, PZ2
(MCBS) SL/PZ1, SL/PZ2

SO 14 useable screwdriver for £75 all in (VAT and p&p)

Does anyone think this is good value, or at least not over the odds? I'm pleased so far. I would have gone for a couple of stand alones but you can't get a standard mcb driver into the small holes in an rcbo.

UPDATE!!!!!! Just used these all day doing two large boards, and VERY happy!! As I suspected from their lightweight nature, they're not graunchdivers. BUT that's what you want from a set of this kind. They handled the task beautifully, and the mcb bits fitted the terminal heads exquisitely, speeding up the installation time by loads. No slippage, positive engagement every time, Tight, bit not graunched on the conductors. VERY VERY happy and can recommend!

cheers all, from what has been a very worthy and rewarding thread.

Reply to Mcb screwdiver in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net