Discuss MCS broke in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I wonder if anyone here can help me please?

Do you installers have READ access to all of the entries in the MCS database or can you only see your own installation entries? The HELP documentation on the MCS site seems to indicate that operators do have read access to the entire database of installations.

I am a customer of a Solar Panel Installation and my installer is telling me that they cannot get reliable access to this database at the moment, hence the certificate is PENDING in the system. I have contacted nPower who understand the MCS issue and they have said I can apply for FIT just knowing the MCS certificate number. I can send the actual certificate when the technical issues are solved.

Therefore, if you can search for all installations, would one of you be kind enough to enter my postcode and tell me my MCS certificate number please.

Many thanks in advance if you can help.

Austin

Ask your installer to do it - that's what you're paying for :) Everyone on here is trying to get their own customers sorted out and will only have access (and I haven't even got that) to their own customers.

E.on's IT system was down this afternoon when I spoke to them

We have 2 houses next door to each other with the same house name - guess which one I registered - yep, the wrong one! Tried to change it all afternoon without success but E.on have said that as long as they have received the application and the correct Mpan number etc is on the application they can sort everything else out later.

I've been impressed with their service every time I've spoken to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
The mcs number is shown on pending certs to the left anyway
I am 90% sure ....

Guys keep refreshing page i did mine within 5 mins
It works that way refresh once the link breaks

@SRE. Thanks. They have all gone home now and my experience of trying to get through to anyone on the telephone during the day at the moment is "challenging" to say the least.

I was just hoping someone might have a few moments spare to try.

Thanks again

Austin

@MEP - That is what the chap at nPower said and he is happy to have just that number for now.

Do you have READ access to the entire database or only your installs?

Thanks

Austin

Reply to MCS broke in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net