Discuss Metal Stud in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

R0xx

Does anyone know if there is a regulation regarding using cable ties to attach cable to the upper part of the metal stud track ( dropped ceiling) or can you only use cable tie anchors which fix to concrete above the dropped ceiling? This is for a block of apartments

Many Thanks

I'm assuming you're talking about cable tying to the wire suspending the ceiling?
If so, think about it. It's going to slip down pretty soon.
Correct me if I'm thinking the wrong thing.

Don't think it's ideal mate that metal stud can be razor sharp, though I have seen people do it, I would personally rather use the cable tie saddles or some other containment. A few rows of those cable tie saddles won't take too long to whack in

Ok, was just wondering if there was a regulation against it, any sharp parts cables need to cross over I put pipe lagging...

Thanks for your help :)

There were won't be a specific reg relating to this particular scenario, but there'll be something in Section 5 concerning erection methods. That's probably stating the bleeding obvious! :)

I suppose running the cables properly in a containment system, such as tray or basket is completely out of the question!! lol!!

Are you a carpenter conducting electrical work by any chance??

I suppose running the cables properly in a containment system, such as tray or basket is completely out of the question!! lol!!

Are you a carpenter conducting electrical work by any chance??

or is the client a tight-arsed sod who won't pay for something he considers unnecessary expense.

I think far more likely, not even considered by whoever is doing the installation. Small basket is cheap as chips to buy!!
According to the blurb (once you cancel the photo on the link) were talking to a builder, that is a carpenter by trade, and not an electrician!!

surely a builder or a wood butcher would not have posted. just thrown it on top of the false ceiling.

Reply to Metal Stud in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net