Currently reading:
Minimum Qualifications Required

Discuss Minimum Qualifications Required in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

I'm only starting this thread because 2 last night got locked by Marvo before I could respond again.

So in response to:

http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk...orum/82885-minimum-qualifications-needed.html

More harm was done by the replies to the original thread because of the en-masse stupidly thought out answers by most of the responders, which to be frank simply makes us look daft.

The OP's question was quite simple (maybe not thought out correctly) and the obvious answer was the membership of Part P via a scheme - whether we like that or not its here to stay..... I interact with sparks of all grades and from what I see there is NO correlation between a Electrical Trainee cutting corners and the bad installs I see. In fact there are a number of "time served" sparks around me who do downright dodgy, non certificated, CIH jobs.

So next time there's a thread like last nights lets keep the reponses on track and constructive...... rants about the schemes and Electrical Trainee's don't help and actually, IMHO do more harm, and make us look foolish.

Tin hat on.

Edit: I now see far more dodgy kitchen installs since the scope of Part P got relaxed...

Look. You can all argue this until the cows are blue in the face. My mate Jake is the best electrician there is. He has been doing the job for 40 years and is still to join a scheme. He never took any exams, not even at school. The thing is that you don't know him and therefore have no right to comment on his ability. He may well take a 5 week course and in the process take some exams, but that would make him a Electrical Trainee and no one likes them coz they haven't got a clue.

I've not followed every post of every thread that's now been on this - frankly, life's too short - but it seems to me that people need to make the distinction between 'competent' and 'qualified'. Qualifications are not necessarily an indicator of competence (just look at the Electrical Trainee's!), though competence may be achieved THROUGH qualification. I'm more than prepared to accept at face value Steve that the guy you know is top rate (as I've not met him, how could I possibly pass judgement?!) as there are many avenues to learning, and if you don't want to sit exams, well, so be it. I think the difficulty comes in the 21st century when we now live in an evidence based culture, full of bits of paper trail to make us feel good. So, IF he is as competent as you say, and has managed to avoid getting embroiled in the petty red tape over the last four decades, then to be honest I say fair play to him. It's not a role model for people wanting to become sparks, I think we're all agreed on that, but if it's worked for him then I think those of us paying out hand over fist to the scams and for every next ticket that comes along could maybe pause for thought.

I think this post sums up the intellectual level of 'Regs' quite well. Perhaps I'm jumping to conclusions, but I'm guessing that he's on the young side, and didn't do very well at school. This is also backed up by his inability to use an apostrophe correctly (see 'Your' above). Daz

Well Daz, he reckons he is a plod, or ex plod, with 17th edition and 2391 qualifications, but judging by the above intellect and previous posts and questions he is just a total bell end, a small one at that.

Well Daz, he reckons he is a plod, or ex plod, ...... he is just a total bell end, a small one at that.

Well, most ex/plod in my extensive experience on the subject are just that, so why be surprised?

Thats all i wanted to see thank you Boydy!. A perfect example of you guys or mostly girls like to give but you cant take
You've made my day

ps you will have to grow thicker skin in real life you wont survive on a site will you???

Some words that spring to mind Pot, Kettle and Black you can't take it either so you are not best placed to comment with the cr4p you have posted to date

I think any blokes around you could comfortably avoid the need for thicker skin, as I think you'd most likely have a broken jaw before breakfast.

MODS - why is this jerk still allowed to roam free??

Don't know about a broken jaw could do with his fingers breaking to stop him posting all this drivel

Well Daz, he reckons he is a plod, or ex plod, with 17th edition and 2391 qualifications, but judging by the above intellect and previous posts and questions he is just a total bell end, a small one at that.

Definatly ex, with that attitude it is no wonder he no longer is with the police force.

Not everyone leaves school then starts an apprenticeship.

I left school and started A levels and decided sitting in an office wasn't for me so i had a look, in september of that year i Started 2330 at college while actively looking for an apprentaship.

I have been there for a year and why some of the old electricians work is dog rough it is usually safe and they definatly know exactly what they are doing

Touching his toes? :-------:
And I dont mean in the morning exercise routine. :bobby::troll:

Boydy
well it could be whilst in the communal shower:

soap.jpg

I find it quite funny he can read this while he stews

Post in haste repent while banned

Imagine his face at the sight of the miles and miles of postings about him in the Arms, then. I think that suggestion to, well, you all remember.....

Reply to Minimum Qualifications Required in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock