Discuss MK Recall Notice 15.04.13 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Received this in the post today. See relevant contact numbers enclosed. Sorry the images aren't as tidy as they could be but if you double-click on the individual images they will become clearer, i'll try to tidy them up a bit this evening. Thanks, Eoin

View attachment 18550View attachment 18551View attachment 18552

Attachments

• MKphoto3.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
so MK cant even make a switch without it bursting into flames.......
its the wylex drama all over again lol
oh how the mighty have fallen ;-)
their current CU's are crap anyway .

but thanks for the heads up anyway Eoin.

Looks like you guys have the same problems as we have here, I have about 250 RCBO's to change following a recall, pain in the backside, I do remember MK being a good brand, better than most when I was last working in the UK, we get lots of Chinese copies here you cant tell the diffrence unless you look hard

Not a mention on their website anybody got a PDF copy that makes it a bit clearer what code numbers to look out for plus what are they paying if you find one

Those four pages are literally all we've had so far oldtimer, no mention of compensation on them and i can't see anything about compensation on the mini-site either: SwitchExchange

Dont get me wrong its not the money as I do a lot of repair and maintenance I come across Wylex and MK boards so for me its part of the service to check them. Just got back from one this morning and the Wylex CU is mcb's were ok but the connections were all slack ? worst still there was a checked sticker on the front of it

We`ll Ive installed maybe 12 or 15 of these, all bought from Screwfix and so far not a dickybird from them and reading that letter it looks like, we supply all the contact details and they send their own people to replace the recall items.

We`ll Ive installed maybe 12 or 15 of these, all bought from Screwfix and so far not a dickybird from them and reading that letter it looks like, we supply all the contact details and they send their own people to replace the recall items.

Spoke to Screwfix yesterday and they Edinburgh have just got the MK warning letters and are saying MK are stressing this is not urgent and there is no immediate danger . I read into that they want you to change the switches peacemeal but dont want to pay for it plus as it is a main switch then what about seals if no main switch has been fitted ?

Well they can take the rap then. All credit to Electrium. They paid us to sort it out. £75 a pop if memory serves me right. If MK think I`m doing it for nothing they can go whistle. I will go around, change them and then bill them, if they dont pay then they can argue it in small claims court.

Reply to MK Recall Notice 15.04.13 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net