Discuss MK SENTRY 5945s Breaker problem in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

danny124

Hi guys need help, not mentally though haha...

Er, i dont usually use MK but i used it for one job and have a problem....

Did all the test, all ok, got to office and found out the 5945s MK sentry 45amp breaker doesnt have a earth fault loop impedance Zs number in the BRB7671 or my 80% value on my test sheet pack.

extensive searching on the net, and found that it is a TYPE B, but there is no value on it for my test certificate.

Can anyone help, have i done something wrong, or is it a differant type like a 1 or 2. Im just out of ideas

Cheers guys and thanks for your time

Hey rmaynard thanks for that... I know the 5945s is the model number, and had a feeling it was 60898, but when i looked in thr brb it had nothing for a 45amp type b...

Where did you find the Zs value

Thanks again

I made it 1.022 uncorrected, 0.82 at 80% corrected

easy way
to work it out if you not got regs or osg with you

max. Zs for a type B60898 MCB Zs= 230(volts)/ ( In x 5 ) ohms law. for C type the factor is 10.

so in the case of you 45A: max. Zs= 230/(45 x 5) i.e. 230/225 = 1.022.

Look in Regs book at the end of each line Table 41.3 BS60898
B type 46/In
C type 23/In
Dtype 11.5/In
46/45 = 1.02

Last edited:

Reply to MK SENTRY 5945s Breaker problem in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I had a call to a new customer who was experiencing what sounded like nuisance tripping on a kitchen ring. Some background first. It's an MK LN...
Replies
Views
Hello from Romania. I have all the counting ccts, for every number. This is counting to 16 and its the last one this 7493 can count. I encounter a...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have a Merlin Gerin Compact NS100N Single Phase MCCB I've been asked to find its Max ZS Values and to be honest I cant find anything...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Im new to the forum and wanted to check something and maybe get some advice confirmation. Ive got halogen wall lights which use a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock