Discuss name of this connector ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

ktnwin

DIY
Reaction score
I like to buy the blue connector shown in the picture below to pigtail wire.
I do not know its name and could not find it at local Home Depot.
What is this type of connector called ?
pigTailConnector.jpg

Personally I wouldn't use them to join 2 pieces of string together, but it appears they are rated to 600v / 1000v.
Subject to local Electrical Regulations and codes.

3M™ Scotchlok™ Insulation Displacement Connector 560/560B is 600V rated for building wire and 1000V rated for signs, fixtures and luminaires. It withstands temperatures of 221 degrees F (105 degrees C). UL Listed and RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant.

I have only used Scotchlocks for automotive wiring, never used then on mains.

I used to use the hellermann tyton helacon blocks when they first came out but now I only use Wago 221 series.

Why didn’t they just put the 2 wires each wire nut ?

why bother with the blue automotive connectors

aren't these now banned in the auto industry?

I like to buy the blue connector shown in the picture below to pigtail wire.
I do not know its name and could not find it at local Home Depot.
What is this type of connector called ?
View attachment 63377
What you have there is called wagos I think that’s what they call them in the UK but you can buy them at your local electrical parts store. I don’t really know what we call them in the states but show your picture the the person who waits on you.

What you have there is called wagos I think that’s what they call them in the UK but you can buy them at your local electrical parts store. I don’t really know what we call them in the states but show your picture the the person who waits on you.
No, they are not Wago connectors. See post#3

Reply to name of this connector ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net