Discuss napit in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi lads,

I actually Rang NAPIT today to arrnage my first assessment as im brand shiny new to this electrician business as i only qualified about 3 weeks ago with:

City & Guilds (2382) – 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations (Level 3)

Logic Full Scope Electrical Part P Scheme

City & Guilds (2392) Certificate in Fundamental Inspection and Testing and Initial Verification

Logic Certification Domestic Periodic Inspection and Testing Award

these qulifications, so ill soon find out who useful they all prove to be! :D

However, NAPIT told me for the first year the cost inc. VAT is £564 or thereabouts and that will then drop subsequently in later years to 390 plus VAT so about 460 each year thereafter. Which i belive is about on par with ELECSA and dramatically cheaper then NICEIC who I have heard nothing but bad things about.

Any advice on getting on my feet would be hugely apprecaited guys!

Ta​

They didnt! Well i think that has put me back in Elecsa's direction then as i dont feel ill be ready to pass my 2391 so soon. I was planning on doing it within my first year but will have to see how i get on and certainly dont want to be pressured into doing it. have you passed your 2391?

I am with Napit and I was also asked to pass 2391 in a year. I am happy to do this (I know the pass rate is low but if you study hard, well before if you do a 4 day consecutive day course, you'll be ok...or retake if you mess up) I am always happy for a bit more cpd every now and again.

My assessor is really helpful, I have his mobile number and always get a reply after leaving a query on his answerphone.

I am currently doing a PIR on a warehouse, which was a factory in 1965 when the electrics were first put in, there are over 20 three phase boards around the place, with next to no circuit identification, it will take me ages. When I first spoke to the director of the company that hired me he asked me if I was in NICEIC, I said no, I'm with NAPIT who are also a governing body etc etc, he rang the insurance company up (that want him to get the PIR) and they were fine with it. When I first met him face to face he asked: you're with NAPIT are you? as if the insurance company did require the inspecting electrician to be with one of the approved bodies

Hi Guys,

I joined NAPIT and am now in the second year. I found that they have been very helpful and easy to talk to. You have always a choice and its really up to you who you go with.
I have alsohad some close dealings with the NICEIC and they too have been very good. I think you will always find someone who has had some issues with no matter who and I guess it really is probably a bit area dependent. The comment about the public mentioned earlier is probably true in that they tend to recognise the NEICIc better but in reality your own advertising will hopefully include lots of word of mouth and referrals.
Best wishes and good luck to all,
Rex

I am with Napit and I was also asked to pass 2391 in a year. I am happy to do this (I know the pass rate is low but if you study hard, well before if you do a 4 day consecutive day course, you'll be ok...or retake if you mess up) I am always happy for a bit more cpd every now and again.

My assessor is really helpful, I have his mobile number and always get a reply after leaving a query on his answerphone.

I am currently doing a PIR on a warehouse, which was a factory in 1965 when the electrics were first put in, there are over 20 three phase boards around the place, with next to no circuit identification, it will take me ages. When I first spoke to the director of the company that hired me he asked me if I was in NICEIC, I said no, I'm with NAPIT who are also a governing body etc etc, he rang the insurance company up (that want him to get the PIR) and they were fine with it. When I first met him face to face he asked: you're with NAPIT are you? as if the insurance company did require the inspecting electrician to be with one of the approved bodies
re 2391 is it a c&g course or napits own course. theres a big difference.

Yes but it's open-book and devalues the qualification!
i know that and you know that hence my post originally. mind you theres not a lot of people who would know every reg my point is/was that the napit exam is not a c&g its easier. which as stated earlier i hold.the C&G that is
i dont see much wrong in having the regs with you at the exam you still have to look in the right place to get the right answer after all it is a reference book.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to napit in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net