Discuss National publicity campaign sees Electrical Safety Register promoted to million in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

“The Electrical Safety Register is a huge step forward in making it easier for homeowners and clients to understand what our brands mean and will greatly help them in their search for a certified local contractor,” added ECA CEO Steve Bratt.
“With 80 per cent of electrical work carried out by electricians who are registered with NICEIC or ELECSA, combining them into one central database makes perfect sense.

This is basically all about, a ''marketing exercise'' for these two providers, ...nothing to do with any safety considerations!! These same providers will at the drop of a hat register a 17 day whizz kid as being a competent person to go into peoples homes and undertake electrical work that they are clearly not competent to undertake!! Sort of makes a mockery of any safety register that will include these people doesn't it!! ....lol!!!

You old cynic, well that make two of us.

cynic
noun
1 a person who believes that people are motivated purely by self-interest.
a sceptic.
2 (Cynic) a member of a school of ancient Greek philosophers characterized by an ostentatious contempt for wealth and pleasure.
DERIVATIVES
cynicism noun
ORIGIN
C16: from Latin cynicus, from Greek kunikos; probably originally from Kunosarges, the name of a gymnasium where Antisthenes (the founder of the school of philosophy) taught, but popularly taken to mean 'doglike, churlish', kuon, kun-, 'dog' becoming a nickname for a Cynic.

This is basically all about, a ''marketing exercise'' for these two providers, ...nothing to do with any safety considerations!! These same providers will at the drop of a hat register a 17 day whizz kid as being a competent person to go into peoples homes and undertake electrical work that they are clearly not competent to undertake!! Sort of makes a mockery of any safety register that will include these people doesn't it!! ....lol!!!

Totally agree plus thats why they have changed the names because they knew they had no credability plus the only cynic here is them as I have said before when a company gets too much bad press they fold and start up again so nothing new here then plus the look on peoples faces when I tell them that they badge 5WWs so they have a big job here because the majority of the population will need a lot of convincing.

Just to add this government will not back any system that restricts growth and also I think they are a bit naive people know Part P just does not work so issuing someone with a Matalan type card just wont wash heres one that will not be trading is gold holographic picture graded SJIB anytime soon for one of these

Last edited by a moderator:
You old cynic, well that make two of us.

cynic
noun
1 a person who believes that people are motivated purely by self-interest.
a sceptic.
2 (Cynic) a member of a school of ancient Greek philosophers characterized by an ostentatious contempt for wealth and pleasure.
DERIVATIVES
cynicism noun
ORIGIN
C16: from Latin cynicus, from Greek kunikos; probably originally from Kunosarges, the name of a gymnasium where Antisthenes (the founder of the school of philosophy) taught, but popularly taken to mean 'doglike, churlish', kuon, kun-, 'dog' becoming a nickname for a Cynic.

WOOF,WOOF. that makes me a cynic as well.

Reply to National publicity campaign sees Electrical Safety Register promoted to million in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net