Discuss Never again. Co-ax Problems in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mort2376

Ok. So split 1 house into 2. Was going to install a loftbox in both house, but couldnt get them to work.

Have gone back to normal aerial amps.

So feed from Aerial goes to amp to split to go to each house.

TV in furthest house has good signal as tv has a built in booster.

Come back from RF2 on skybox to amp in local loft to split for tv's in kitchen and bedroom.
TV in kitchen Sky signal is slightly fuzzy and I get breakup on freeview.

Have checked cables and no shorts. Am begining to pull my hair out with this now. Just because I said I could beat the Aerial installers price as I thought it was stupidly high ! NEVER AGAIN !

Any help, advise or anything else would be greatfully appreciated.

You need to boost the signal at the earliest point . That,s why they use masthead amplifiers. An amplifier placed after a tv or sky box may work but will amplify any interference picked up too.
If you have an amplifier after an amplifier the signal may also be too strong a passive splitter after the skybox may suffice.

Reply to Never again. Co-ax Problems in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

M
  • Question
Just renovated my house and had the whole house rewired and asked the sparky to put in some aerial sockets around the house.. had it all plastered...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all industrial sparky here, i have an aerial with an amp 1-4 way with a 12v DC PSU mounted in the loft built on to it, wired in PF100 co ax...
Replies
Views
  • Question
"Hello All", I have a problem with bad interference on the reception of my Home`s TV`s that are connected to Sky Digiboxes in other rooms via...
Replies
Views
  • Question
hi guys. this might seem like a silly question. considering im self taught in alot of tech stuff. but TV aerials etc i know jack about. purely as...
Replies
Views
F
  • Question
Bit stumped on this one, got a odd problem with my tv receiving channels during the day Signal is good all day (says the tv) but at around...
Replies
Views
Fin170
F

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock