Discuss New build housing pricing help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

craig1000

Hi all,

Have been given an opportunity to price for a new build housing development.
Not an area I have much experience in & was wondering peoples thoughts etc on hours per first fix & 2nd fix for a standard 3 bed property? & what sort of charge out rate to apply?

I would suspect there will be firms out there pricing for it who will have the cost nailed down to the last clip they use. I wish you luck, but if you don't have much experience in pricing this type of work then you may be way out. No such thing really as a standard property these days. Have a look at the spec then maybe work on a price per point basis.

Big firm our way just do this all day long , man and mate 2 first fixes a day thats what your up against they get a set amount of kit if they go over it its out thier price , but good luck to you !

you need to see the spec, and guesstimate how long will take you and your workers to do and always allow for extra man to come in when you need him..

get ready to graft.. marking it out, chasing ,pulling the cables , piping then connecting then onto next one

sorry then leaving to plaster then going back a half a day or day if yourself to 2nd fix.. its all go, but at least no1 living in them

Cheers for the reply's guys! Yes I am inexperienced in pricing for new build houses & i know im up against the firms used to doing so with their prices nailed down & their workers nailed down too but hey ho il give it a go! better to try & fail than fail to try is my view ;-)

Reply to New build housing pricing help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net