Discuss Industrial EICR Pricing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,
Been asked to quote an EICR on a fairly large installation.
Approx. 400 circuits that are a mixture of single and 3 phase.
This is across 28 consumer units, in addition to the above there are also 6 distribution consumer units for the submains, and 12 feeder pillar boards (4way)
Building is a fairly new installation (10 years ish ) and it all looks pretty well labeled up and charts etc. are at each dis board.
Was thinking along the lines of £20 per circuit?
I may have to factor in out of hours testing on some of the circuits but unsure at this stage how many.
Not desperate to get the job but want to put in a reasonable price as some of the online EICR prices seem to be a joke how cheap they can do them for.
Just wondering if I seem to expensive or too cheap at that rate for so many circuits?
Thanks

Hi all,
Been asked to quote an EICR on a fairly large installation.
Approx. 400 circuits that are a mixture of single and 3 phase.
This is across 28 consumer units, in addition to the above there are also 6 distribution consumer units for the submains, and 12 feeder pillar boards (4way)
Building is a fairly new installation (10 years ish ) and it all looks pretty well labeled up and charts etc. are at each dis board.
Was thinking along the lines of £20 per circuit?
I may have to factor in out of hours testing on some of the circuits but unsure at this stage how many.
Not desperate to get the job but want to put in a reasonable price as some of the online EICR prices seem to be a joke how cheap they can do them for.
Just wondering if I seem to expensive or too cheap at that rate for so many circuits?
Thanks
So much with thise kind of job is how bad you want to do it and how it will impact other work you have on

I would say 20-22£ per circuit puts you in the ball park, I wouldn't even bother for less

Have you ever done anything like this before, industrial installations need a lot of planning unless it is on a shutdown.

I have done quite a lot of industrial testing over the years although they have not had as many boards as this one, I think the most I have had over the past couple of years was a unit with five 3 phase boards in it.
Normally I have a word with whoever is in charge about what needs to stay on and see if there is a opportunity to do these during tea break / lunch etc. or when it is are not being used for an hour or so.
Normally I have enough other stuff to get on with while I'm waiting and hit these circuits when I can, although I have had to go back previously and finish some I could not isolate out of hours when they were shut down.

If anyone is interested how this turned out.
I did not get the job
I went in about £20.00 per circuit (408 Circuit's) and said I would be there over a month.
They had a quote for £2,200 that they went with, as there were 2 guys and they did it over 4 days!!!
Not sure I could, or would want compete with that!

I'm afraid our trade is infested by companies testing 50+ circuits per person by day. The content of the Report will be worthless but they are just chasing the money, big companies undercutting each other without realising they are actually cutting their own throats.
The people on site would be under pressure to bang out x circuits a day and LIM as necessary.

I did not get the job
I went in about £20.00 per circuit (408 Circuit's) and said I would be there over a month.
They had a quote for £2,200 that they went with, as there were 2 guys and they did it over 4 days!!!
It really is pathetic......and disgusting for the trade.
For a proper report it would cost that for the paperwork alone, from scratch, with circuits listed.
28 boards involved, you're talking about 70 odd pages, at least....and that's without defect lists.
OK, it seems you've got DB schedules but it's still a lot. Newish, I suppose but things can't half change in 10 years.

Whether it’s 10 years old or 60 years old, the testing time should be the same.

Maybe a bit longer if you’re having to trace unmarked circuits, but that can happen with a new place too.

More time writing up the report if there’s a lot of observations… but generally speaking, the act of testing on site should take the same time.

Unless you’re just missing out half the circuits, writing down a load of rubbish and LIM anything that looks too difficult.

If customers knew what was involved they might be more inclined to skip the cheaper option, but they would rather think a more expensive quote was someone trying to rip them off, rather than the cheaper guy not doing the work right.

End of the day, they get they’re nice clean EICR and wonder what all the fuss was turning off lights and whatever…

I did not get the job
4 days!!!!

they dragged that one out

Sport Wink GIF by Buffalo Bandits

I'm afraid our trade is infested by companies testing 50+ circuits per person by day. The content of the Report will be worthless but they are just chasing the money, big companies undercutting each other without realising they are actually cutting their own throats.
The people on site would be under pressure to bang out x circuits a day and LIM as necessary.

I've been doing the remedials from someone else's EICR rcently and every ring final has been given an FI - needs ring circuit tests. Absolutely ridiculous

Back in the day I worked with a company and we did loads of EICRs of big offices, factories etc
If we were given previous PIRs don by others I would say 9 times out of 10 they were a load of rubbish and literally only use was to wipe your arse with it.
The whole EICR / PIR side of this industry really needs a shake up Imo

Reply to Industrial EICR Pricing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net