Discuss New for old in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Philze1

DIY
Reaction score
Good morning,

I'm replacing a 2 gang, two-way switch, however the new doesn't match the old. Any ideas how they correspond?20240325_094209.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The red cables at the bottom are the commons so on the new switch one to L1 and the other to L2 then swap the other cables over to the corresponding switch

Left bottom red into COM1
Right bottom red into COM2
Left blue into L12
Left yellow into L11
Red and yellow into L22
Blue and black into L21

If that is a metal switch then earths to it's earth terminal.

The red cables at the bottom are the commons so on the new switch one to L1 and the other to L2 then swap the other cables over to the corresponding switch
Thanks for reply. If commons, would the two bottom reds not connect into COM1 and COM2 on the new switch (left)?

Just a side note.

Think of your switch as two triangles, the terminals being the corners.
The old switch, both triangles pointing down….
The new switch, it’s one pointing up, other pointing down.

Reply to New for old in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I’ve purchased a Ring Spotlight camera and decided to remove the old spotlight that’s currently installed on the house we recently...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Removed an ancient light fitting, replaced with a newer one, the light comes on but can't be turned off with the switch. It was working...
Replies
Views
Hi, i’ve been trying to buy a smart switch 1 gang 1 way but i opened my conventional wall switch and i only have 1 red wire(Live Old UK) 1 black...
Replies
Views
I'm looking to replace old 2 gang switch for a new one. 2 separate lights and one is also controlled by another switch. Old has 4 wire holes...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking to install 3 meross smart switches for 3 lights: entrance switch: only 1 gang but 3 way switch bedroom switch: 2 gang (1 is 1...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock