Discuss new here,from Scotland in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dundeeutd

Good afternoon all, 36 yr old spark here,been reading for a few weeks now,very good forum btw.
have a few questions regarding sjib grading card. I've been working in Norway and europe the past 3/4 years and just returned to Scotland.The thing is i have'nt sat my 16th or 17th edition because i've been away obviously.I was just wondering what procedure i wil have go throught to renew my card ?? 16th first then 17th or just 17th? any help appreciated cheers in advance lads.:)

Welcome to Electricians Forum | Electrical Advice Forum | An electrical forum for electricians in the UK!

Welcome to electriciansforums.net dundeeutd. Thanks for introducing yourself.

Good afternoon all, 36 yr old spark here,been reading for a few weeks now,very good forum btw.
have a few questions regarding sjib grading card. I've been working in Norway and europe the past 3/4 years and just returned to Scotland.The thing is i have'nt sat my 16th or 17th edition because i've been away obviously.I was just wondering what procedure i wil have go throught to renew my card ?? 16th first then 17th or just 17th? any help appreciated cheers in advance lads.:)

Welcome aboard

You don't need to do 16th because its obsolete (well to most of us it now is) just go for the 17th edition.
Can't recommend any places in Scotland unfortunately, but I'm sure our other forum friends will be able to help.

Cheers
Jim

Welcome along.:D

As you havn't got a recent 16th Ed qualie, you'll need to do the full 17th Ed course rather than the update is all.

No great shakes really, bound to be a college near you running the course, try a quick google.:)

0131 4455577 and ask for the courses calender - they hold them all over. But they are busy just now due to so many being out of work and getting the 17th they dont have, to get work.

Reply to new here,from Scotland in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net