Discuss NICEIC Upgrade in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

I accept what you are saying, but a large portion of my work is domestic and currently notifying two jobs a week on verge, notifiable stuff, so not being in a scam wouldn't relly work, but if you are just doing industrial or commercial you have more scope to say you don't want to be in one.

I suppose then in your eyes I'm not qualified because I don't have a plastic card saying JIB on it, I do actually qualify for one so perhaps should get one to satisfy your criteria for being qualified.

I accept what you are saying, but a large portion of my work is domestic and currently notifying two jobs a week on verge, notifiable stuff, so not being in a scam wouldn't relly work, but if you are just doing industrial or commercial you have more scope to say you don't want to be in one.

I suppose then in your eyes I'm not qualified because I don't have a plastic card saying JIB on it, I do actually qualify for one so perhaps should get one to satisfy your criteria for being qualified.

I never said you need a JIB card to be qualified, I said that they are the only people that can baadge someone as an approved electrician and it actually mean something.

I'm with a Niceic as a domestic installer, just because some clients think that the Niceic is the be all and end all. Refuse to pay an extra £200 to be an approved contractor. I'm JIB approved so know I can carry out all work with my knowledge and experience. Got the Niceic sticker on the van, because the general public don't know the difference. They just like to see it. The electrical industry and how the Niceic portray to the public is a total farce!!

My first. 2 years as a self employed spark I didn't register with any scam and did lots of notifiable jobs without notifying them. I explained it to the clients before starting any work and they'd never heard of part p and didn't want anything to do with it!
I'm still waiting for the part P police to come knocking on my door!

I registered with ELECSA last October as I had a few jobs on the horizon which LABC were involved with so I thought it would be easier to get registered to notify them.
I have seen no benefit from being registered with them, no extra work has come through their register of contractors or whatever it is, only a few nuisance sales calls!
I still don't notify most jobs I do, only the ones where LABC are involved.

And still the part P police haven't come knocking on my door!

its not exactly great though when you are doing work for someone where LABC are involved and you say sorry but i can do it but it will cost £200. Its wrong not to notify work that's notifiable, its also unethical to pass the buck on to the customer and say its their responsibility.

Reply to NICEIC Upgrade in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net