Discuss Non paying, infuriating customer. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

We quoted a job to rewire 2 bungalows. Did the job in the summer doing bits and pieces around other trades. They took forever to get plastering etc done. They changed there mind on the kitchen and stuff so many times. We moved the cooker switch and point for them twicw and basically bent over backwards keeping them happy. November came and we finally finished the job. They had paid about 2 thirds as we went along. They seemed to fall out with every trade on site and we thought we must just be more easy going. Before xmas we invoiced the final amount and they refused to pay coming out with crap excuses. They keep saying that people have told them the cables aren`t deep enough. I keep telling them that as long as the cables are in safe zones and RCD protected there is no minimum depth. Finally we sent them a letter threatening them with court action unless we recieve payment by today. They have just phoned me and they say they have called in trading standards and we will hear from them within a couple of day. I said I`m giving them to friday and registering it with small claims court.

They are the most infuriating people I`ve ever met.

Don't wait, small claims process of the County Court. Sue their backsides off.

I feel for ya mate. Ive not had this problem yet!!! But I did a bit of work for my cousin a few years ago. He paid me once I had finished my work but when the whole job completed, he invoice the customer. The customer refused to pay. She owes him £4000! He took her to court and found out that he wasnt the only one She and her ltd company owed money. She liquidated the company and my cousin didnt get a penny. What some people will do just riles me!!!!!!

Jay
Those sort of people enjoy a good game of baseball, minus the ball :D

I was called by the owners of a local hotel last week asking for a EICR. I pointed out bluntly that it was well known amongst local trades that they hadn't paid a plumber and decorator for work. Told them I didn't need their work, only to spend 2 years chasing them through the Sheriff court to get my money. Said they could pay me (over pay me) up front. Didn't hear anything else.

Slip a roof tile off while they are out and rig up the hose full bore in the roof!
I know a bailiff that this happened to they used a ladder put the garden hose into the overflow and turned it on water brought the upstairs and downstairs ceilings down. His company collected poll tax in Scotland.

Reply to Non paying, infuriating customer. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net