Discuss Now You've Had A Play - How's The Forum For You? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I don't like the fact that when I open a thread, it always seems to go to the last post, rather than the first, or the one I haven't read yet. I keep having to scroll up. Other than that it looks OK so far. I do miss the big Yellow Notifications tab though, that was always exciting to see what likes/quotes had been done to your post.

Jay

The alerts system should show you your quotes and likes etc

image.png

Everything seems to blend in to everything else. The old forum had a clear layout, may just be me but I find the new forum looks a little cluttered, and I don't think it's cluttered, but just gives the impression since it's not clear where one post ends and the next begins. I don't know, it's as if the forum has lost its identity a little bit.

If our identity was the old forum software, I'm glad we've lost it lol it was the clunkiest forum software going.

Hopefully you'll get used to it. The more regular members do tend to be the ones that less prefer the change but I've found once they've got used to it they do end up preferring it.

When attaching pictures to a post I can't see an option to upload from file, just to link a url. Is there an option to include this ?

instead of insert image, go to bottom right of reply window and select upload a file. ( next to post reply).

It's ok for me. No complaints so far. I have lost my wonderful colour scheme I had on my profile though..... :)

When it takes you to a post half way down a thread or whatever, it'll be the first post you've not read. It remembers which posts you've already read and takes you to the first unread post.

It's better for me, just takes a bit of getting used to same as any changes. Was getting sick of the text editor playing up and the freezing at certain times. Much slicker. Daz

It's better for me, just takes a bit of getting used to same as any changes. Was getting sick of the text editor playing up and the freezing at certain times. Much slicker. Daz

and I thought it was just my rubbish work comp that was doing that...

So do we no longer get emails saying someone has added to a thread you are subscribed to?

Yes as long as you select that option when you use the 'watch thread' feature. Daz

Yes as long as you select that option when you use the 'watch thread' feature. Daz

I'd give you a 'Thanks' but I can't see it.
I was talking about this thread, where I have added to it but I don't get notifications that it's been added to.

Reply to Now You've Had A Play - How's The Forum For You? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net