Discuss Office first fixings in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi
My work is mainly domestic.
I’ve been asked to get space sensors for bms on office walls.
So cable fished from roughly 1500mm off floor of office walls to above ceiling.
I did one at the end of the day and it had a aluminium frame at the top and fished straight down the wall.
I was expecting noggings like on typical stud walls.
I used a stud buddy magnet and that picked up vertical studs.
Do office walls tend to be different,without horizontal nogging?

often they are constructed of lightweight aluminium frame that runs from floor to ceiling.
it is possible for horizontal supports to be added but generally they are only used if a hatch is later envisioned or to stiffen up walls near to doorways.

Reply to Office first fixings in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Wonder if any one could give a rough estimate for first fix electrics for a small 4x4 side extension? Would involve moving consumer unit same...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster here. Straight down to it.. A friend asked me to add some sockets and additional lights to a small...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I need a little advice please. Several months ago I first fixed and second fixed a timber frame loft conversion ( open plan living...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Long-time lurker and user as a resource! Ex electrician with limited domestic experience! Currently routing CAT6's through my 1920's...
Replies
Views
I have been extremely lucky and managed to pull in a 10mm SWA the full height of an ex bank, from ground floor, through the first floor and into...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock