Discuss Old school cooker panel help in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

J&M Electrical

Hi guys,

We went to a job today to a faulty cooker panel, turned out to be just a loose neutral however the Panel needs replacing and i cant find them anywhere. Stupidly i didnt take a picture of it but i will try describe it the best i can.. Its a large panel, with a cooker switch and water heater switch at the top and then at the bottom is a double socket. Its the same size as one of these MK panels You can find it by searching our forum here, electrical advice. And of course tiling advice, and uk tiling forum.
I don't even know if they still make them. There are 3 circuits in this panel as well, a cooker circuit, water heater circuit and ring circuit. The only reason i want to keep it as it is and replace it like for like is that the old dear has just had her kitchen redecorated. The only option if i cant get a replacement would be separate double socket, W.H switch and Cooker switch, there isn't even room for these above the 600 Base unit.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Martin

Last edited by a moderator:
Witch neutral burnt out? I think I know the ones u mean they are like an MK5011? But they have the extra switch for the water heater, could you not change to an mk5011 and connect the water heater cables through and put a switch nearer the water heater? If ur struggling to find an mk5011 cooker plate I have 1 or 2 new ones here just pm me of u need one try n get a pic ov the ccu up if u can

It was the neutral on the cooker circuit feed, it was a loose connection. Yea thats the 1, We could maybe use a MK5011 and fit a water heater switch next to it.

Thanks for the suggestion mate

If you have the space of the existing unit would you not be able to fit two dual accessory boxes one above the other inside this space and fit the required two 45A switches and two single sockets onto these boxes, you would need to fill the left/right edge but would avoid the need for using up more space and save moving any wiring.
Depending on how deep the existing box is you may not even need to remove it.

You could consider Click mini grid system as you can get a 32 A switch as well as 20 A and fuses. I have fixed a few in kitchens to switch all the appliances from one point. You may need to change the box but it should fit in to more or less the same hole that will be left by the old one. And NO I don't work for Click!

You could consider Click mini grid system as you can get a 32 A switch as well as 20 A and fuses. I have fixed a few in kitchens to switch all the appliances from one point. You may need to change the box but it should fit in to more or less the same hole that will be left by the old one. And NO I don't work for Click!

Cheers, managed to sort it with a MK5011 and seperate water heater switch.

That click minigrid system looks the nuts tho doesnt it. I'm dying to install it somewhere.

Reply to Old school cooker panel help in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net