Discuss On 2330 level 2, what practical is done and how is it marked? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

cairns

Hi there, just wanted to know the kind of practical I could expect from the level 2 2330? I heard the practical doesn't go towards your final grade?:confused:

it does, if you do it each week at a college then week by week you will undertake a practical job so to speak whereby you are given a job sheet and told/shown build that on your board then when each one is finished the tutor tests it, marks it and makes comments these all go into your folder so then at the end of the course the tutor grades you for your practical abilities and everything goes off to c&g.then when you receive your certificate you will have two practical grades.

when I did mine I had to
Plan the job make a requisition order and draw out the diagrams of circuits etc
Make off a piece of SWA feeding a Distribution board
Wire 3 sockets into a ring with a spur off one of them
install 1 piece of trunking (metal) with a right angle bend and with with singles 2 way lighting
Install plastic conduit for a light above your head.
Then I had to do the following tests
1. continuity of cpc
2 continuity of circuit conductors
3. Insulation resistance
4 Polarity
5. Functional test

then write up the test results on the planning sheets i had already designed.

sorry about the poor quality photos but they were off my old phone hope they shed some light on things

Attachments

• Practical Exam June 2008 001.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 90
  • Practical Exam June 2008 002.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 82
Hi there, just wanted to know the kind of practical I could expect from the level 2 2330? I heard the practical doesn't go towards your final grade?:confused:

hi mate im currently studying the 2330 L2 myself at my local college and the tutor told us (cant remember the exact words) that we really didnt have to do the practical but that even though we have an end of year practical exam .The practical exercises are really there just to give us some hands on experience.

but anyways the practicals are really good at first you,ll start of on Boards the size of dinner trays fitting
1/2 way and intermediate lighting circuits and other types of circuits with twin +cpc/3 core cable and then testing them with an Insulation Resistance Tester then you,ll go on to the walls learning how to strip and connect MICC cable/PVC conduiting/Steel conduiting etc im actually on the steel conduiting practical at this moment.

the practical is really good as long as you dont let it stress you out when your not getting the IR test results you should be getting because you,ve not connected up properly and cant find the fault (intermedite switches ****ed me off royal at first) but once i knew how it worked then i was flying through them

Last edited:
Well I did level 1 last year & it was mainly all practical & it was very easy, thats why this year 2330 level 2 is mainly all theory in stead of practical for me because I've done all the practical.

Am surprised they didn't make you do a little piece of pyro in that picture :p

My practical exam which is rumoured apprentley involves Metal Conduit, Pyro, SWA, PVC T + E. Materials list, Circuit diagram, tests sheet Continuty IR, etc etc

I also beleive it's a 10hr exam for me so should be a challenge.

I did my level 2 summer 2008,
The practical was the biggest part, a whole week, some had to retake in the september,
practical every week which we had assements, and if we didnt pass them we couldn't take the final practical.

fine if you are in the industry, but if you were like I was changing career, all the practical you can get,

I replicated the rig at home to practice.

Simon

Reply to On 2330 level 2, what practical is done and how is it marked? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net