Discuss Parallel Supplies in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

hoo hoo Can I join in this thread?? I'll invite Eng54 as well... :)

Parallel circuit/supply needs all conductors to be of the same CSA, follow the same route, cables be of the same type and construction. Parallel circuits can consist of several conductors/cables not just two. Such circuits can and do offer many advantages over a single much larger conductor/cable installation....

If designing the OP's circuit from scratch probably 2 X 16mm would be selected, but in some circumstances even 2 x 10mm could replace a single 35mm cable....

so, in a nutcase, sorry, nutshell, as OP already has a single 25mm, the solution is to parallel a second 25mm cable in.

Reply to Parallel Supplies in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Client currently has a DB in his outhouse. It feeds a pool pump and an air source heat pump. It is currently being supplied using a 4mm T&E cable...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, On a job at the moment and trying to Work out cable size needed for property supply. Lots going on and struggle to work out...
Replies
Views
TNC-S main supply with 16mm swa supplying garage consumer unit from main consumer unit in house, then 4mm swa supplying pond equipment through...
Replies
Views
I have a baffling problem with a newly-installed PIR floodlight and I'd like advice from the forum as to whether it's defective (and should be...
Replies
Views
A friend of mine wired a 10mm 3 core armoured cable to his shed before I got involved and wired it himself already. He wants make it an air bnb...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back