Discuss PIR sensor light installation help in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Miguel_92

DIY
Reaction score
Today i purchased an Ansell PIR motion sensor light to replace my old one. The wiring outside consists of blue, brown and yellow (with dashes of green on the yellow wire). But inside the new light it has blue, red and brown. Which wires go into which holes in the new lamp? As i'm not an expert with electrics and i wondered why the wires are different in this new lamp (the one i took down was very old and just stayed on because the sensor had gone). Ansell Lighting - https://www.anselluk.com/product/ALWL-PIR-WH that is the lamp. I have taken photos of the wires outside if needed. Thanks

Photos of the old light fixture and inside the new one

Attachments

• photo_2021-08-24_20-11-04 (3).jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 15
  • photo_2021-08-24_20-11-04 (2).jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 11
  • photo_2021-08-24_20-11-04.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 13
  • photo_2021-08-24_20-11-03.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 14
your existing wires go into the new light, brown to brown, blue to blue. ignore red. if the new light does not have a terminal for earth, just terminate your gn/y into a separate block connector.

What is in the middle terminal of the new connector block between brown and blue, nothing? The base which that connector fits to looks like metal then again it could be moulded plastic.

it's a class II fitting. does not need earthing. see terminal block bottom corner of instriuctions. brown to brown(L), blue to blue (N). park earth wire in centre terminal.

Reply to PIR sensor light installation help in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net