Discuss Plumbing in a dishwasher and washing machine. in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The terminology used has been confusing throughout this post. I'm more inclined to trust pictures than words.
I think the only DIY compatible way forwards is to establish that the device with a 3 amp fuse in it is indeed an FCU, and establish what the cable is connecting it to the single socket.

If we could have
-a photo of the FCU which has the 3 amp fuse in it
-a photo of what we are being told is the single socket the other side of the room that is connected to said FCU
-with the power off, a photo of the wiring behind both of these

...then depending on what the photo's show there might be a relatively easy DIY way out of this.

Trouble is you lot all say different fhings
Yes . We do. Sorry about that.

it’s difficult without absolute certainty of what is in place To give a definitive answer.

it’s been mentioned picture would help.

We do try to give general help if its a simple thing, but this issue may or may not be simple.

I suspect that you cannot do what you want to do or have been advised to do from the information received.

but I could be wrong as I and everyone else here doesn’t have the full picture.

that’s not your fault. You shouldn’t be expected to know the right terminology for stuff, but it does help when requiring advice.

pictures

fuse board
where the spur is spurred from
the actual spur
general picture of area you working.
anything that may help.

edit: sorry @timhoward your post is near identical, didn’t notice.

A little bit of knowledge is often worse than non at all, certainly where DIYer's are concerned.....and the more knowledge that is fed?
I hate to think about many of the results with the inexperienced getting advice, on here even, from people who know the job inside out.
So many unknown factors have to be taken into account...and many will do what they want, regardless.

The terminology used has been confusing throughout this post. I'm more inclined to trust pictures than words.
I think the only DIY compatible way forwards is to establish that the device with a 3 amp fuse in it is indeed an FCU, and establish what the cable is connecting it to the single socket.

If we could have
-a photo of the FCU which has the 3 amp fuse in it
-a photo of what we are being told is the single socket the other side of the room that is connected to said FCU
-with the power off, a photo of the wiring behind both of these

...then depending on what the photo's show there might be a relatively easy DIY way out of this.
I know what I wanted to know

Reply to Plumbing in a dishwasher and washing machine. in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net