Discuss Price for test certificate in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

My response assumed no EICR exists as is often the case.

At the end of the day there are people who do almost no tests and charge peanuts, and there are people who will do it properly and charge correctly....

I always visit a site before I agree a price as you can well and truly mislead by a caller on the phone....
well put

Just been reading this thread, Iv had plenty of experience testing and inspecting but not so much in regards to quoting it. Domestic wise I'm happy with my rate and find if people want a proper job done they will pay the correct rate if not then I don't want the work thankyou! However I just wondered if anyone on here has advise regarding commercial rates.

I appreciate that there is more to testing than readings of circuits etc, but I have tried to come up with a price per circuit and go from there. I'm looking at 175 circuits and based on what I assume is a reasonable rate that's £2362.50 + VAT my reason for this price per circuit is many but I have looked at the job, have done previous work at the site and I do have previous test results (albeit having LIM LIM LIM everywhere on it and every excuse including rats to get out of taking a fuseboard cover off let alone dusting of his test kit) my agreed limitations are that high level lighting (its a warehouse with offices) are going to be tested at the most accessible point unless Lifter and extra labour is agreed and that trade specific circuits i.e server rooms and office circuits are shutdown for testing or a live reading will only be taken and further investigation quote submitted for these circuits at a more convenient time. I appreciate that you cant quote this for me but any advise would be welcome.

Iv been asked to look into this as the client has become suspicious of the antics of the previous company carrying out the EICRs which to be quite honest are Sh**, and wants an honest opinion on the state of there many premises.

Hi remember if you are testing other people's work as an Electrical Condition Report that your insurance must cover that. Often it only covers testing your own work, worth checking out as my business partner was caught out once with his insurance which was via NICIEC. Especially on a site you don't know it's amazing at some of the bodges I have found during testing. The ice cream container junction box was good even had grommets for cables and twisted together joints with masking tape and electrical tape,(masking tape was on the cpc) never seen that before. As said proper tests take time and electrical experience for tests to be worth something.

Reply to Price for test certificate in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net