Discuss pricing a job in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

joebb

Hi All,
I ve just been to price a job and would like a bit of feedback on the price I think i should give. I m thinking around £600 for the following work

Outside security lights x2
6 LV lights in hallway
Change 4 fittings
8 LV lights in dining room
8 LV lights in bedroom
Intercom.
:confused:

Security Lights = £120
6 LV lights in the hallway = £ 300
6 LV lights in Dining room = £300
6 LV lights in Lounge =£300
4 fittings = £100
No idea for the intercom sorry

That's on a price per point at £50 per fitting. Comes to £1120 altogether

Are they supplying the gear? Whats access like underfloors etc? How many days do you reckon (without breaking your neck)

Thanks Lads,
Thats helped me out alot I thought that I was a bit too cheap, I based it on 4 days work. I ve just started out on my own so not to clued up yet on pricing!!!:eek:

If you're talking about lv downlights, the last lot i got were about £14 per fitting (fire rated), thats about £300 quid just for the lights!

you are way too cheap

alright lads when you say £50 per fitting does this include the switch or would the switch be another £50

I wouldnt charge another 50 for the switch if you want the job. You will normally be making enough off the lights anyway! A switch hardly costs much or anywhere near as much as a light fitting (fitting, tranny, jb) and a few meters of 1mm isnt going to break the bank.

Reply to pricing a job in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

So I just started out recently and I’m struggling with what to price myself at. It’s worth noting I live in the east London area and I’m looking...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I posted here some time ago asking for validation of a quote I received for a rewire. (10k assumed 60 points) And got some good advice so...
Replies
Views
Guide price guys if possible. Got a client that needs around 15mts 3 core SWA installing via YT4, Cleats (50/50 split), 3L (9mts) 100x50...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. It would be really useful to run this past you and get a consensus/input from you for what would be a realistic amount to charge for an...
Replies
Views
I have been asked to change cu from old fuse board which has 6 fuses. Only 4 fuses are used. The first fuse feeds cooker circuit. This is not used...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock