Discuss Probably "Too Little Too Late" but everybody should write to their MP. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

MCS Renewables

Following advice elsewhere on this forum I just sent this email to my MP.

Dear Conor Burns,
Over the past two years I have built a two man electrical contracting business into a eleven person team by adding PV and other renewables to our installation fields. We sell ethically and have over 130 satified customers as can be seen on the website at NGPS ltd.co.uk. We were recently named the top company in the South of the UK by NAPIT at the national renewable awards.

We have over forty booked orders for works going through to March including schools , churches and members of the public.
We currently average two orders a day from recommendations.

Could you please let me know what projects we should do before the 8th December when your party has reduced the feed in tariff to unviable levels. Obviously there are going to be loads of dissapointed voters out there.

Please bear in mind that we still continue to service our twenty year customer database of electrical customers and will do so in future with the two original staff. Unfortunately the two unemployed roofers that I retrained will have to go back onto the dole along with the other nine staff I will not need after the 8th December. We took two people off the dole in the last month alone !

Apparently nationwide there are 25,000 jobs going to be lost due to this senseless short sighted decision, so my nine are small change, but my nine are all Poole based with mortgages and families and you at least, should care about them.

I notice the Germans and French who both have renewables industries better supported by their governments have not had to resort to shock cut decisions !

Obviously this government thinks wasting money on developing Weymouth for some three week Olympic tournament next year is a better bet than supporting a green infrastrucure and reducing the countries C02 levels to try to avoid the hefty fines coming in 2020 for failing to meet our agreed targets.

Perhaps you could look into the situation caused by Mr Greg Baker and give advice on how I am to tell nine local families on how to enjoy Christmas this year whilst receiving unemployment benefit.

It should also be noted that most of our customers have taken their savings out of bank accounts and put this money into PV therefore providing employment for installers, suppliers and haulage companies. This is all taxed along with the fuel used by all sectors.

Reducing the feed in tariff .....Shortsighted or just blind stupid ...I await your comments.

Yours sincerely,
Yours Nick Good NGPS Ltd.

Last edited by a moderator:
i bet you dont even get a reply!!!

what does he care! or any other MP care!! they still get paid.. there mates still get paid and the rest of the country goes to rat mess!!!

Nice letter - highlights the job losses locally and impact on "their" constituents. If the gov thinks the headlines will be "government causes 25,000 more to join unemployed" it *might* create some pressure on the treasury to back off a bit, and provide longer timescale of reductions in FiT to occur.

I think the government spin will be more like, "Tories act to reduce fuel poverty". The votes that this will earn them will be far greater than the votes they will lose for destroying the industry.

i bet you dont even get a reply!!!

what does he care! or any other MP care!! they still get paid.. there mates still get paid and the rest of the country goes to rat mess!!!

A little trick I learnt when I studied the British Constitution at A level. When communicating with your MP always ask him/her to do something on your behalf, for example raise the issue with the Minister concerned, bring the issue to attention of the relevant House of Common Select Committee Chairman, inform the Prime Minister or ask a question of the relevant Minister in the House of Commons e.t.c. The beauty of this is, when an MP has been asked to do something on behalf of a constituent, by law, he must inform the constituent of the outcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the government spin will be more like, "Tories act to reduce fuel poverty". The votes that this will earn them will be far greater than the votes they will lose for destroying the industry.

I agree, I think that few people really understand the economic benefit of the solar industry and in times fo crisis the green industries always suffer. Labour set a target of reducing fuel poverty for every vulnerable home in the uk by 2010 and in all homes by 2016. They are so far wide of the target that sacrificing our industry will be seen as justifiable and few people will know enough to argue against that.

Reply to Probably "Too Little Too Late" but everybody should write to their MP. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net