Discuss Problem with CCTV output in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

p11jor

Today whilst fitting a interface for fire alarm where I was mounting this next to it was a fuse spare where the face was lose......so whilst I had my flathead out I thought I would crank it up abit......massive mistake, big flash, live had come out blew me izzy up, any way took it off it was just all compressed, took it off sorted it powered back up......then it was reported that the CCTV was not giving us a picture output on multi screen on two separate DVRs which are hundreds of metres apart, so come to the conclusion the tvs they where being monitored from had took the live-earth fault down both of them through the cat5 at the back and back to the DVR.....this didn't seem possible but after a load of belling out it most defiantly was.......

does anyone one have any experience of multi screen out not working on a DVR? The spot outputs are working so can't see the DVR being totally knakard???.......or is it?....both of them at £1k each.....

cheers

On rebooting dvr`s, all defaults load, so it will need re programming, ouputs vga, dvi composite. screen display single, multi screen etc.
lcd monitors are the same need to re select input type again vga, composite. As all models are different, suggest getting hold of manual

Reply to Problem with CCTV output in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

So can anyone advise me on our rights regarding security cameras in the UK. our house is detached and i have my own cameras positioned low so not...
Replies
Views
Hello, Is there an actual age limit on house wiring that would prevent a traditional fuse box being replaced with a consumer unit please...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, We’ve had a new CNC Machine from China arrive this week. It came with a monitor and a tower to run the software. The monitor and tower...
Replies
Views
Hi, looking for some ideas on this. I went to an address on Tuesday following a storm where property has been struck by lightning. When the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Im new to the forum and wanted to check something and maybe get some advice confirmation. Ive got halogen wall lights which use a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock