Discuss QMS when becoming certified in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Ghand

Hi everyone so I have chose to go with STROMA, new to being self employed and it is the most affordable, may change my mind next year once I am more established. Part of the assessment is to provide evidence of a QMS (Quality Management System that I have implemented. Can anyone give me an example of this please, I'm not entirely sure what this means and the offices are now closed:smilewinkgrin:

Sorry mate you have implemented it and you're not sure what it means?

Sorry I may not have worded that simple enough....STROMA ask that you implement a QMS system as part of the assessment process. Therefore, I was hoping someone could give me an example of a QMS system so that I can implement one in preparation for my assessment. I haven't implemented anything yet

I would of thought its along the lines of, complaints procedure, organisational charts,record retention (eg holding test Certs etc), how you will dispose of records that are not needed anymore, process flow chart ( from survey to hand over of jobs etc , monitoring (calibration dates on testers, insurance,etc).

I would of thought its along the lines of, complaints procedure, organisational charts,record retention (eg holding test Certs etc), how you will dispose of records that are not needed anymore, process flow chart ( from survey to hand over of jobs etc , monitoring (calibration dates on testers, insurance,etc).

Thanks for the info, theres some good bits of advise there that I can use to prepare for the assessment. After doing some more research I believe the QMS that they refer to is for the green deal applicants its just not very clear from the information they have sent me. Going to give them a call today and double check

Thanks for the info, theres some good bits of advise there that I can use to prepare for the assessment. After doing some more research I believe the QMS that they refer to is for the green deal applicants its just not very clear from the information they have sent me. Going to give them a call today and double check

Sod the research, ring up Stroma and clarify their expectations.......

When is your assessment?

Hippyhappydad is with Stroma if my memory serves me correctly!

Not got the assessment date yet, I sent the pre-app yesterday morning, they approved me and sent me all the info and an assessment questionnaire yesterday afternoon. One of the questions was what QMS is in place and have you purchased software for this, but after doing further research I believe this question refers to green deal applicants. Going to double check with them today. all being well, just need to make payment and get the date set

Sod the research, ring up Stroma and clarify their expectations.......

I fully intend to ring them. They were closed when I posted this yesterday evening otherwise I would have rung them instead of asking for advise on here. Like I said im calling them today to clarify

Ok so for future reference (subject to change of course) I contacted Stroma today and they have confirmed that the QMS is only required by green deal applicants not CPS applicants

I attended a QMS training day once and the person presenting it gave me a very succinct summary of a QMS systems. Basically it was:

1. say what you do
2. do what you say
3. prove it
4. improve it

The first is policies and objectives
The second is procedure descriptions and work notes.
The third is records and results
The fourth is review

I found that quite enlightening.

Ok so for future reference (subject to change of course) I contacted Stroma today and they have confirmed that the QMS is only required by green deal applicants not CPS applicants

(1) was it easy to get hold of them?
(2) did they speak english?
(3) were you satisfied and happy with the outcome?

A lot of guys here may join them soon due to the fact they are very cheap, so any feedback you give may help others :biggrin:

(1) was it easy to get hold of them?
(2) did they speak english?
(3) were you satisfied and happy with the outcome?

A lot of guys here may join them soon due to the fact they are very cheap, so any feedback you give may help others :biggrin:

I spoke at length to a commercial chap from Stroma at Elex, Sandown park - and first impressions were good. I'm going to follow up with them in the new year with a view to jumping ship before my Elecsa renewal in May 2015.

Reply to QMS when becoming certified in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net