Discuss Quality!!!!!! in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Another Friday the 13th job , were your shoes stuck to the floor and hands all greased up ,,
Tell em to clean the place up and maybe you might go back....LOL...

As I've had a similar job before with the same issue I recommended they have commando sockets installed on individual supplies rated accordingly, but they didn't even entertain it, why do people have so much disrespect for electrics.

What is the total load going through that 13A adapter?

I've had the same problem, just added a new circuit with two DB SKTs on it. Easy cable run to be honest. Places like these just plug whatever they want into extension leads and adapters, they just dont care until it stops working and they cant fry chips on a Saturday night.

one of my regular clients owns 2 pubs and i've had several call-outs to socket outlets and plug tops knackered/melted on fryers and griddles. i'm with merlin. commando sockets are the way forward. it's not just the load, it's the time they're in use, the high ambient temp. caused by the heat from the appliances-- all contribute to overheating of the plug/socket connections which, with the 1363 sockets, is a very small contact area and so liable to fail constantly.

Tony why would I offer to install an additional socket. So they can put another 4 way socket outlet in it? By putting commando sockets in each appliance has its own individual supply, no additional items can be plugged in to overload it and it is also better for cleaning. As this is a commercial property it has a 20% eicr carried out each year.

What's going to stop them from putting multiway adaptors into a commando socket?

you can allow for must things except stupid.

Reply to Quality!!!!!! in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net