Discuss Quinetic switches breaking in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

am i missing something here. quinetic switches are wireless with receiver at the light, no?
This is a new product that I’ve only just become aware of, idea is you simply swap a light switch with this gadget that is a switch and receiver for more switches.
As above it doesn’t need a neutral.

This is a new product that I’ve only just become aware of, idea is you simply swap a light switch with this gadget that is a switch and receiver for more switches.
As above it doesn’t need a neutral.
Yeah, they are just drop-in replacements for switches

My wife wouldn't have let me put them in if the receiver wasn't easily accessible to re-pair.

Now we've worked this issue out I'm really pleased with them. 3 separate multi-switching "annoyances" sorted out with no wiring. I know I'm late to this party, but woo!

The only thing I don't like about the inline switches is that they have a very different mechanical feel to the "normal" switches - they are very gentle, and don't have the click, presumably because they don't need the mechanism to generate the KE. It would be nicer if inline and normal switches next to each other were consistent in their feel, but I can live with it.

Last edited:
The only thing I don't like about the inline switches is that they have a very different mechanical feel to the "normal" switches - they are very gentle, and don't have the click, presumably because they don't need the mechanism to generate the KE. It would be nicer if inline and normal switches next to each other were consistent in their feel, but I can live with it.
I see that as a bonus, the separate switches have a very clunky switch action that is very different to everything else, presumably to operate the power generator and signal as you say.

Last edited:

Reply to Quinetic switches breaking in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net