Discuss Radio Waves effect on AC applications in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an issue with a logging truck. I am using external generator 110V 60Hz.

When using the Radio I found some application is not stable and this also affecting on logging data.

Can you please advise how can Radio Waves affect on this?

below is a video on this issue

Your video shows a PMR transceiver being keyed up very close to an emergency light, triggering the light on. The relatively high power output of a PMR can easily interfere with other equipment at close range, even when both the transceiver and the other equipment are made in compliance with applicable RFI (radio-frequency interference) regulations. The instructions, and the advice from organisations such as the FCC, usually state that there is no warranty of immunity to interference and it is up to the user to test the operation of devices and move them apart or reduce their radiated power if interference is experienced.

In the case of your video, one would not normally operate a PMR directly adjacent to an emergency light. It might be that a light of better or different design would be immune to the RF but as the demonstration is taking place outside normal operating parameters, it's not very surprising either way. The same might be true of the logger, or there might be some sensor wiring that is not sufficiently shielded, or some specific installation flaw that we can't identify from afar. I suggest talking to the manufacturers / installers of the affected equipment, perhaps reducing the TX power of the radios in the meantime to make the interference less severe.

Your video shows a PMR transceiver being keyed up very close to an emergency light, triggering the light on. The relatively high power output of a PMR can easily interfere with other equipment at close range, even when both the transceiver and the other equipment are made in compliance with applicable RFI (radio-frequency interference) regulations. The instructions, and the advice from organisations such as the FCC, usually state that there is no warranty of immunity to interference and it is up to the user to test the operation of devices and move them apart or reduce their radiated power if interference is experienced.

In the case of your video, one would not normally operate a PMR directly adjacent to an emergency light. It might be that a light of better or different design would be immune to the RF but as the demonstration is taking place outside normal operating parameters, it's not very surprising either way. The same might be true of the logger, or there might be some sensor wiring that is not sufficiently shielded, or some specific installation flaw that we can't identify from afar. I suggest talking to the manufacturers / installers of the affected equipment, perhaps reducing the TX power of the radios in the meantime to make the interference less severe.
Thanks Lucien. This video of emergency light just to for physically proof for the radio eaves effect. However, the main issue we have on the logger is unstable logging data which must be recorded stably as below

Reply to Radio Waves effect on AC applications in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net