Discuss RCD's not tripping with TL transformers in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Normal running for Eversolar. SMA and Power One say theirs can't by design inject dc to grid. Have not looked up other manufacturers.

Last edited:
As a spark i find it almost impossible to install anything with a depth of 50mm, even in trunking i usually goes though some sort of wall or floor and the cable becomes less than 50mm somewhere along the line.

A cable just going through a wall or floor from one side to another (say a wall from outside to trunking inside) does not bring in the 50mm rule. What I was suggesting was surface run swa, or solar cable or T&E in surface trunking. The only times I have 'had' to install rcds has been TT.

Hmmm.....

TypeAC trip coil will saturate with any DC component, pulsed or pure
TypeA trip coil will saturate if the pulsed DC component is greater than 6mA but will saturate with any pure DC component
TypeB trip coil(s) will not saturate with either pulsed or pure DC component, regardless

Interesting thread. I shall monitor and try to offer assistance if required. For anyone needing pricing/stock of TypeA or TypeB RCDs then feel free to get in touch,

Andy

Btw....if anyone's planning on visiting the SolarPowerUK show in B'ham in October then we'll have representatives from Doepke with us along with a demo unit to show how TypeA and TypeB RCDs operate.

Reply to RCD's not tripping with TL transformers in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

A friend of mine asked me to look at here PV system as she is not getting any power (and thus money) from it. First real issue is the Aurora...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Was wondering if anyone has come across this before and could maybe help - Its a new one to me! Customer recently altered layout of...
Replies
Views
Just thoughts Id share my recent fun and games on my parents farm.. The electrics are old. Its a 400yr old house with outbuildings just as old...
Replies
Views
I've just carried out a periodic inspection on a building on an old RAF/USAF site. Commercial single story building. Wiring system is around...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, first time poster, be easy! I'm caring for a friend and last night while sleeping on the sofa-bed an emergency system that had lost...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock