Discuss right need some help people had my mcs inspection in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jamescdrw

right need some help people had my mcs inspection and they come back with a few nc which ive sent back via email and they said still not good enough they have given me till monday to sort this out will someone please forward me a copy of there qms so i can compare cheers jim

[email protected]

ps help me and ill look after you

I assume you have written your own QMS which is commendable, I did the same. However due to the cost of purchasing a QMS or the time and effort of building your own I can't see anyone just handing one over.

Looking at your NC's there doesn't seem to much to do and if you have written your own QMS so far it is certainly within you to produce the other bits. Di your assessor not help and suggest what is needed?

A QMS is a document to detail YOUR processes. It can be as simple as you like or as complicated however it is detailing how YOU work so it has to reflect this. For example don't say you are going to keep stores if you have no stores? Write it like you can hand it to a total stranger and you go off on holiday knowing everything they will need to know is written in it.

One of your NC's was evidence of meetings. So provide evidence, Have a form to be completed either by hand or printed to show what has been discussed. Even if you don't sit down as a company every 12 weeks for a formal meeting there are several times when you will stand back and discuss a problem and situation. Write these down and document it.

Another is a supplier list. You will have this some where. Where do you get your gear from. Not only PV but electrical bits, fixings, scaffold, waste items etc. You will now all these but document them in one place. Make a data base or use outlook etc failing all this type it out and print it off and put it in your QMS.

Unfortunately this is what being MCS is ALL about. It has sod all to do with what you produce with your hands but what you produce with pen and paper. Welcome to our world! Work though your processes one step at a time and document it. Keep evidence of what you do, job files etc. Once MCS its the QMS that's got to be kept up to date and come your first annual inspection there will be as much added in as there was to start with. Failing all this you can BUY a QMS and there are companies out there who do this.

Reply to right need some help people had my mcs inspection in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net