Discuss Routing of meter tails in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

You cant rely on t&e to perform like that.

And as long as the cables are correctly installed then screws aren't a problem. You might as well say what if he uses 6 inch nails.
The World is full of "what ifs"

You cant rely on t&e to perform like that.

And as long as the cables are correctly installed then screws aren't a problem. You might as well say what if he uses 6 inch nails.
I get that, but i wouldnt also rely on the current set up to perform like that either, although more chance with a T&E. Can i ask why a SWA seems to be a preferred method?

Not sure why you keep wanting to justify that opinion. It has no relevance as far as regs are concerned.

I just feel it would have been a better installation method than using 25mm2 tails. Earlier in the thread it was asked what would be gained from using T&E over the tails, so im just trying to provide some reason for it. Whilst there may not be any relevance to it s far as the regs are concerned, can we not apply the same reasoning.

I came across a fault a while back. The previous owner had installed some dado rail on the landing. He secured the rail using some harden nails, one clipped one of the strappers for the two way landing light, in a piece of tw&e. Didn't touch cable cpc. He did a perfect job, touching the copper of the conductor, but not severing it, so light & dado rail worked perfectly. Until that is the next owner had the bathroom refurb'd, and the plumber and all, were getting shocks off the bathroom wall, when touching the plumbing.

So could of been tw&e or sheathed/insulated, result would of been the same

I agree with everything thats being said, but im obviously alone in thinking the T&E method has its benefits over the sheathed/insulated tails.

Reply to Routing of meter tails in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net