Discuss Safe change consumer unit - main fuse seal question in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

[/B][/COLOR]But what if you don't fulfil them? Then it contravenes EAWR, which means it's illegal.

But if you do forfill them, it makes it legal!?!?!

Inserting the fuse could be viewed as making a connection without permission.

You are not making a connection! To make a connection would be to dig up their cable and tap into it myself to power a new house. You are neither altering their connection as altering it would be if I were to take apart the service head and add a second set of tails to power a new DB or CU.

Removing the fuse is simply isolating their supply and re-inserting is just re-energising! Isolating is neither altering or making.

You are either incredibly obtuse or a complete wind up merchant, I suspect the latter as I just refuse to believe that anyone could be as slow as you're making yourself out to be.

BAS, the law is the law, and no matter how much you try to interpret it to satisfy your own desire to wind up others on this forum, it doesn't change a thing. You are wrong now and will forever be wrong as long as the law remains as it is. That law is that as long as you are competent enough to pull the fuse, then you break no law by doing so. End of debate.

You are either incredibly obtuse or a complete wind up merchant, I suspect the latter as I just refuse to believe that anyone could be as slow as you're making yourself out to be. I am neither.

naw yOUR JUST A NUGGAT WHO HAS RETURNED FROM HIS HOLIDAYS AND NOW DECIDED TO POST ON OLD CRUD FROM WEEKS AGO JUST TO REBOOT THE ARGUMENTS FFS

As to what qualifies me as a competent electrician? A certificate of competency signed by Lord Scanlon in 1979 as chairman of the Electrical Industries Board. Since then I went on to be authorised to do live testing at 11KV. Unless the DNO head is unsafe IE porcelain fuse carriers or showing signs of heat damage then I’ll advocate drawing the fuses every time as long as the proviso is met of it being done under “no load”. One other proviso is PPE!

Personal safety is paramount!

Well guys all this maybe a mute discussion when Jan comes round, as the BS 7671-2008 is telling us that A cut-out fuse maybe withdrawn only by a person authorized to do so by the distributor.

So it maybe back on the cards to introduce the scheme that is now operating North of the border where members of SELECT are authorized to pull the DNO fuse. Be interesting to see if this happens.

BAS, like I said two weeks ago, end of debate! All I have done is quote the law as it is now. Personally, I think irresponsability comes from twisting laws and their interpretations like you.

I've given clear reasons why it is not unlawful to pull the fuse so long as certain conditions are met and yet you seem determined to argue this even though you have been proven absolutely wrong.

Personally, I think even though you say you have no vested interest in whether pulling the fuse is illegal or not, what you do have is a vested interest in the false sense of strength or confidence that you get by arguing for arguments sake. My opinion is that your vested interest in arguing for no reason may be a matter of deep insecurity and your continuous arguing is one way of hiding the fact that you lack substance.

Anyway, I've said my piece and as such will not be commenting on this post again. Arguing with you BAS is pointless as even when you are wrong, you never give up. I can see myself starting to take your bait and as a result of this, engaging in any more dialogue with you is a fruitless excercise which will only end up with me being banned for saying something that I shouldn't.

I'm off.

Last edited:

Reply to Safe change consumer unit - main fuse seal question in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net