Discuss Samil Power Inverters in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

John Allen

Has anyone fitted any of these inverters yet? We currently tend to fit Power One inverters but are looking at alternatives and would be interested to hear of any experiences with them.
Thanks
John

just letting you know this has been covered we have installed 2 samil inverters and they are quite good and easy to work with. also they have a voltage of 240v+ 10% for high grid voltages, the power one doesnt have this!!

Was refering to 3phase samil inverter The perameters are set 240v so if you have a grid voltage phase at say 252v it will still work within it settings the power one won't as the voltage is too high cause they are set at 230v.
We have had the experience of the problem, having said that both inverter manufacturers would visit site with a laptop to change perameters but expect power one to want to charge you for it.

Was refering to 3phase samil inverter The perameters are set 240v so if you have a grid voltage phase at say 252v it will still work within it settings the power one won't as the voltage is too high cause they are set at 230v.
We have had the experience of the problem, having said that both inverter manufacturers would visit site with a laptop to change perameters but expect power one to want to charge you for it.

We have never had any problems with loads of Power-One Inverters that we have installed. I am not sure where you get your '230 V + 10% from, as these are the currnet regulations:

Current Parameters are:
G83/1-1
Over voltage 264V 5s

G59/2
Over voltage Stage 1 253V 1s
Over voltage Stage 2 264.5V 0.5s

And here are the Power-One ACTUAL Settings

UNDER/OVER VOLTAGE TESTS
Under Voltage Over Voltage
Parameter | Voltage | Time | Voltage | Time
G83/1 Limit | 207 V | 1.5 (5.0) sec | 264 V | 1.5 (5.0) sec
Actual setting | 211.6 V |1.3 sec | 259.2 V | 1.3 sec
Trip value | >211.3 | <1.34 sec | <259 V | <1.33 sec

Showing clearly that Power-One are set at 259.2V

Perhaps the Power Ones that Sedgy has installed haven't been set up for G83 parameters? The new firmware allows the installer to alter the settings on commissioning.

We've not had issues either.

Sorry guys the inverter I had was a power one pvi 10.0

Now I'm even more confused :confused5:, were you installing it to G83/1 or G59/2?

Now I'm even more confused :confused5:, were you installing it to G83/1 or G59/2?

Power one 10.0 PVI OUTD is G59!! the grid voltages we had L1=243v L2=251v L3=245
the inverter wouldn't work we ended up changing to a samil inverter and it's fine different parameter settings.

you could have set it to G83, as it's still under 16amps 3 phase.

actually I think the 12kW version we just fitted was set to G83 as standard as well, which worked for us as it was an east west type system so would't output more than 11kW anyway.

Perhaps the Power Ones that Sedgy has installed haven't been set up for G83 parameters? The new firmware allows the installer to alter the settings on commissioning.

We've not had issues either.

Well we had a few problems to say the least we purchased from Krannich they sent a power one inverter not uk standard DE so wouldn't work then power one were going to go to site and change settings they then sent another inverter instead so we changed it, then still didn't work power one wanted £480 to come out to site so we had already fitted a samil inverter on another barn which was producing well so we changed the power one for a samil and all is ok and it's doing really well, power one phoned the following day saying they would come out free of charge, we just said too late just arrange for these inverters to be picked up.

Reply to Samil Power Inverters in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net