Discuss SDS & hole saws in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Thanks all, sounds like opinion is divided, but also like my Makita will do the job, as long as I am careful with it!

That's interesting, and you find the green is up to trade use? I have avoided Bosch as I have heard that they are not what they used to be, but maybe I was wrong to.

I had a Homebase own brand (feel free to laugh!) 650W 'traditional' mains drill from the days before I was in the trade. It hadn't had a lot of use. I tried to use with a 4" hole saw on softwood to save my DeWalt combi - as soon as the saw touched the wood it bent the armature! My combi then slowly but surely cut the 43mm thick soffit!

The one I've got must be 15yrs old so might even predate the blue/green divide. Everything else I use is very 'pro', regardless of make or function and I've no issues with carrying it on the van for the odd occasions it gets used. Generally speaking, nearly all my cable tools are Bosch Blue and I've not had to think about any of them since purchase - they take a kicking out on site and quite often I'll get compliments on their performance from other trades if seen in use.

I like my makita, watched a few people snag there wrist or hit in face with it:D

I call them limp wristed lol

Nothing that bad happened to me yet, but I have given myself some nasty cuts when the pliers have slipped and my hand has hit an artex ceiling or something! First aid kit definitely worth the money, even though I don't know how to use half the stuff in it!

Nothing that bad happened to me yet, but I have given myself some nasty cuts when the pliers have slipped and my hand has hit an artex ceiling or something! First aid kit definitely worth the money, even though I don't know how to use half the stuff in it!

the worst ive done, is smashed my head on a low cabbinet during an eicr

bloody cut wouldn't stop bleeding, thought i might have had to get stitches.

i find a bit of tape works better than most plaster's

commonly abbreviated as 'FAK'.

when someone hurts their self and shouts 'FAK', you now know why!!

i`v got a 110V core drill that`l run upto a 150 core....

will that do you?....lol..

I'm sure you have all the best tools of the trade, Glennspark, and I'm happy for you
icon7.png

the worst ive done, is smashed my head on a low cabbinet during an eicr

bloody cut wouldn't stop bleeding, thought i might have had to get stitches.

i find a bit of tape works better than most plaster's

Ouch! And yes, the plasters in my FAK (you can see I'm reading ahead of my replies!) are like Sellotape with a bit of cotton wool stuck to them! I have been known to add insulating tape!

Reply to SDS & hole saws in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net