Discuss Security Light. Installation. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Liam864

DIY
Reaction score
I want to instal a Security Light above the french doors into the garden.
I would like to run the cable across the doors,down the side of the doors into a external socket using a 3 pin plug with a 3/5 amp fuse.
The light is 150w-200w.
220-240volts.
Cable recommended,HO5RN-F.3G 1-0mm.
Ive tried to find this cable but turning into a pain,"cant find it."
Is what I plan to do feesible,and could I use different cable.

Sounds like a reasonable DIY plan to me.
Try Byson cables. They should have it in stock

I want to instal a Security Light above the french doors into the garden.
I would like to run the cable across the doors,down the side of the doors into a external socket using a 3 pin plug with a 3/5 amp fuse.
The light is 150w-200w.
220-240volts.
Cable recommended,HO5RN-F.3G 1-0mm.
Ive tried to find this cable but turning into a pain,"cant find it."
Is what I plan to do feesible,and could I use different cable.

I would use 1mm black pond flex. It’s called 3183P.
You could also use 0.75 for the 200w load.
Also as it’s 200w and installed relatively low I guess it’s not LED Fitting?
I would recommend LED where possible.

Although it may not state it, nearly all black cable is UV resistant, it’s the carbon black that gives it both the colour and the UV stability

Reply to Security Light. Installation. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

can anyone please advise on where the wires go? My electrician installed a new cable ready for when I bought a security light. The cable as shown...
Replies
Views
I have a Security Light on my patio and until recently it worked fine. It stopped working and I couldn't decide if it was the LED Floodlight or...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have two questions regarding wiring and containment on commercial property stairwells in Ireland. We are currently wiring a 3 story...
Replies
Views
Some advise or views would be appreciated. My supply is 100 amp single phase. I purchased my property 3 years ago or so, the owner prior to the...
Replies
Views
A
the situation is this: 8 x 24v rgbw flood lights for a garden, each fitting has power consumption of 45w. 3 lights into a 200w driver, another 3...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock