Discuss Seeking Guidance: Upgrading a 3-Way Switch to a Smart Switch – Is It Doable? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

mars1230

DIY
Reaction score
I was wondering if someone could assist me in determining whether I can replace my current 3-way switch configuration with an Enbrighten smart switch setup. I have provided photos of everything relevant.

The first switch box, which has only one 14-3 cable entering it, is depicted in an attached photo.

The second switch box, which is slightly more complex, is shown in another photo and a supplementary drawing. This box has four cables entering it. Two of these cables are old cloth-shielded wires that are merely connected to each other and, as far as I can tell, unrelated to this setup. I have also included a diagram illustrating how the other two cables in this box are connected.

A photo of the light fixture is provided as well. It has a black and a white wire connected to each other with a wire nut, in addition to a black and white wire running to the fixture itself.

Finally, I have attached a photo of the smart switch manual page for reference.

Many thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2.jpeg
    59.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5.jpeg
    75.6 KB · Views: 3

Reply to Seeking Guidance: Upgrading a 3-Way Switch to a Smart Switch – Is It Doable? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I’m looking to install 3 meross smart switches for 3 lights: entrance switch: only 1 gang but 3 way switch bedroom switch: 2 gang (1 is 1...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone... There are a total of 4 cables entering the junction box at the top of the staircase. Two 12/2 cables are coming in through the...
Replies
Views
L
WIRING FOR WALL SMART SWITCH FOR CEILING FAN/LIGHT Just bought a smart wall switch for a ceiling fan/light currently connected to a single switch...
Replies
Views
littletwinn
L
Hi, i’ve been trying to buy a smart switch 1 gang 1 way but i opened my conventional wall switch and i only have 1 red wire(Live Old UK) 1 black...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a 220v House I want to change this switch to smart switch, but I am stumped, I don't have a neutral so I had to return the switch I...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock