Discuss Signing off others work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I would suggest they get some assistance from a sparks

In the same way I would suggest they get some assistance from a builder if they were knocking out an internal wall
Suggesting and doing are quite different though. With all the crap around it certainly shows they do it.

Reading through the above I just wanted to add my 2p worth. It may be hard for the OP to see a clear and definite answer to his proposal so I thought I would just chime in. The way it works for Third Party Notification is that the electrician has to design and supervise the work proposed. As the work progresses he must test the cabling etc. to ensure the "dead tests" comply with BS7671. He also must ensure that all specs. are adhered to. On the second fix he must do initial verifications by the way of dead tests then live tests and issue a certificate (EIC) for the work in question.
As a scheme member he must also possess that particular competency i.e. TPN. The schemes I have been with require us to issue a special certificate which they provide. It is quite a pfaff to do this. So your problem is to find a scheme member who has this competency, and then find one who will agree to TPN. The odds of doing that are quite high against it. I like the idea of approaching Building Control Direct as put forward by @James, This is the easiest and most trouble free route. The idea you can just use any electrician is not quite the whole story as you may see from the above.

Any electricians 'can' adopt the job as their own and sign it off as such , but trying to find one who will adopt a job for effectively a stranger won't be easy.

The NIC guy who I used for around 18 months to notify my work for me was an old friend who I worked with for about 6 or 7 years so he would just do the 'sign off' and notify for me for a beer without having to come and see the job

Reply to Signing off others work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net