Discuss site inductions in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bigbaddave

Been on a job now for some time, pretty much finished just few spotlights to fit in the main office. Gaffa turns up and says I ain't got you down as having induction. Dave will be back at 1:40 he will do it then... Really I've been on site for weeks and now your saying I need an induction

Used to do work for a large gas company with depots all over country. Think we worked at 16 sites and had to do 16 inductions following the exact same script and same DVD. The only deviation was where the bogs were on each site. I could have given the induction myself i knew the script that well!!!

only induction i ever attended that wasn't just a talk on site rules, was down the salt mine. 2 hours of instruction on how to use the breathing apparatus, follow escape routes , fire drill etc.

I had a mate who worked on heathrow airport, Had to have an induction for each section he went through so for one job that was 4x inductions just to change a hand dryer

I had a mate who worked on heathrow airport, Had to have an induction for each section he went through so for one job that was 4x inductions just to change a hand dryer

Now that is just plain daft!
It would've been quicker & cheaper just to have someone accompany him.

In my Service 'Engineer' days, I had to have site inductions everywhere, just grin and bare them.

I worked on the tyne tunnel 2, and that induction was crazy, they seemed more interested in talking about the budget and each phase of the job than and site rules / safety, 4 hours long it was.

When I worked at the shard in london, you had to have a induction for every other floor, bearing in mind it's the tallest sky scraper in Europe it got beyond a joke, especially as I was snagging and up and down like a bloody yoyo!

Started on a Bailey's site once, Bomer & Kirkland were involved to (as they always bloody are) had an induction in one room for B&K then had to go into the room next door for a Baileys one. Delivered by the same bloke using the same script. Stupidity at its utmost.

Reply to site inductions in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net