Discuss site not found in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
keep getting this. 404. site not found.

[h=1]Not Found[/h]The requested URL /search.php was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) PHP/5.2.6-1+lenny9 with Suhosin-Patch Server at www.electriciansforums.co.uk Port 81

even trying to switch from a thread to "new posts". then takes 5-6 attempts to get back onto EF. any ideas, marvo?

was using opera before, but that was pants. every time i tried to view a youtube video, it told me i needed the latest version of flash player, even though i had it. IE is useless. it could be my anti-virus being a dick.

Tel your anti virus is being a dick. No-one else has reported a 404 problem in weeks. Try a system reboot, see if that helps?

I have no problem using safari, or there is google chrome which is usually pretty reliable. May be worth installing one of them and see if you still get the same problem.

i'm using chrome. but have recently installed AVG. think that may be causing the problem. as a complete IT thicko, is it easily resolved without dumping AVG?

what settings? remember you got a IT dinosaur here. it switches on, gets emails, sends out invoices, and gets me here. that's the limit of my computer skills.

Hi Tel, I've moved your thread to keep all forum technical issues in the same place.

I'm not sure what's causing the 404 errors but if you just installed AVG and it started happening then maybe uninstall AVG and see if it stops. I haven't seen any other posts about similar problems yet so I'd say it's a good bet it's something on your local PC.

Hi Tel, I've moved your thread to keep all forum technical issues in the same place.

I'm not sure what's causing the 404 errors but if you just installed AVG and it started happening then maybe uninstall AVG and see if it stops. I haven't seen any other posts about similar problems yet so I'd say it's a good bet it's something on your local PC.
marvo im getting issues with tapatalk as well saying failed to connect to server? wierd thing is it still adds my posts.

im not sure if it is down to an antivirus because its on a mobile phone

marvo im getting issues with tapatalk as well saying failed to connect to server? wierd thing is it still adds my posts.

im not sure if it is down to an antivirus because its on a mobile phone
How often do you get the error? Do you know the source of the error message? It doesn't sound like a forum server error message and the fact your post is being added to the forum kinda suggests this too.

TBH I'm not very clued up with Tapatalk and mobile devices in general. I'm not sure if it runs through a Tapatalk server to deliver cached pages etc and that could be the source of the error message. Then there's Cloudflare as well but their error messages normally have 'Cloud Flare' emblazoned across them but again I'm not sure how they display on mobile devices.

I think the error Tel was receiving was different because it referenced the Apache server details.

How often do you get the error? Do you know the source of the error message? It doesn't sound like a forum server error message and the fact your post is being added to the forum kinda suggests this too.

TBH I'm not very clued up with Tapatalk and mobile devices in general. I'm not sure if it runs through a Tapatalk server to deliver cached pages etc and that could be the source of the error message. Then there's Cloudflare as well but their error messages normally have 'Cloud Flare' emblazoned across them but again I'm not sure how they display on mobile devices.

I think the error Tel was receiving was different because it referenced the Apache server details.

I've had that a few times as well.

It seems it's not only the cowboys we have to worry about but now it's the bloody Indians as well.

Reply to site not found in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net