Discuss Smokers pay lots in tax and save public money in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

I genuinely feel sorry for your situation
I'm sure there must be therapy available that could lesson the abhorrence you feel.

Having experienced dust in the mines,asbestos in old building pipework,disintegrating insulation in attics, a myriad of other ingested particles,lead in the city atmosphere, along with lead in old pipes,diesel and petrol vapours from congested town centres,cotton fibres from yarn spinning,tin poisoning,pollutants from public incinerators and countless other society inflicted harmful pollutants, the average working man would have to class secondary smoking effects a little on the minor scale of concerns he should be feared of
Do you have any children?

I was a darling to work with! I think it is anti social, but I have never preached to any one, and alike I said, and you suggested, I would not stand next to some one smoking, I hate the smell of stale tobacco smoke, and I don't want to breathe it in. Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

I was a darling to work with! I think it is anti social, but I have never preached to any one, and alike I said, and you suggested, I would not stand next to some one smoking, I hate the smell of stale tobacco smoke, and I don't want to breathe it in. Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.
quite reasonable. just like when in a restaurant, i order a juicy rare beef steak and can't enjoy it because the couple at the next table are eating fish. now that's a disgusting habit.

If you want to smoke then do so. If you don't then don't.
The majority of smokers do take non-smokers, like children, into account when smoking.

Having experienced dust in the mines
,asbestos in ----
---------------
, the average working man would have to class secondary smoking effects a little on the minor scale of concerns he should be feared of

Do you have any children?
Yep 2 strapping 20 something lads :thumbsup:
I see I can read my post as if it was just me alone
If it was me alone that ingested all that pollution I can see it would have been a miracle of sorts :)

I was a darling to work with! I think it is anti social, but I have never preached to any one:), I detest people chewing gum and stamping the foul mess in the pavements, but the view is not rammed down gum chewers throats ;) has been kept and alike I said, and you suggested, I would not stand next to some one smoking, I hate the smell of stale tobacco smoke, and I don't want to breathe it in:nose::eek:.On this I can agree,it smells sweet when fresh,but deteriorates after setting fire to it Sounds perfectly reasonable to me:handok:.

It can affect them later in life as it was/is in your "system"

I gave up 13 years ago, god knows why I started as smoking helped kill my Father, he was on about 50 per day as it helped him "relax" the coal dust from being a stoker in the Merchant Navy during WWII didn't help either as well being in the most dangerous place in a ship had an affect on your nerves.

It can affect them later in life as it was/is in your "system"

I gave up 13 years ago, god knows why I started as smoking helped kill my Father, he was on about 50 per day as it helped him "relax" the coal dust from being a stoker in the Merchant Navy during WWII didn't help either as well being in the most dangerous place in a ship had an affect on your nerves.

My sympathise for that loss SWd
My own father had the coal dust and smokes afflictions much the same

Congrats for becoming a ex smoker I am sure the money and health benefits are immense:thumbsup:
As I posted,I am a lifelong smoker,I do so because I enjoy smoking more than having concerns about its effects on my heath,I smoke with regard to anyone who does not do so by being respectful of their own lifestyle

My own sons do not like the smell of smoking and I respect them enough to smoke without them being exposed to my own lifestyle choice,I do not smoke in the home

My choice costs me money, maybe future poor health or even contribute to my demise,however,responses calling it a filthy habit and smelly and then read accusations about secondary smoking killings.it get me angry when a non smoker tars all smokers with the same brush

The smoking habit has been the target of society for quite a long time,all of the detrimental accusations about smoking has been addressed,yet some still see us as a free target for all sorts of foul mouthed tirades

He died back in 76 so it was a long time ago, smoking years back was encourage as a way to open up your lungs....... I suppose we all need our vices as life would become boring.

You spend your money on cigs others on here on Knipex tools that are never used and shown off in the living room in a fancy reproduction Edwardian hardwood glass cabinet...........

Me, I wasted my money on booze and women..........

Don't get divorced then as then you will really know what no money and being mugged/robbed is like lol

I'm STUNNINGLY good looking, funny and good with kids (not in the way Michael Jackson was...) So I'm too good to divorce... :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Specsavers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Well... I'm not going to go round telling people I look like a bull dog licking p*ss off a nettle, am I ????

Reply to Smokers pay lots in tax and save public money in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net