Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss Solid crimp right there!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

TBH - this although rough can be effective although doesn't come with a guarantee, an indent crimper uses the same methology for its crimp albiet utilising a different forming method, with experience this method can be done with good accuracy but it wouldn't be acceptable of course to copy these methods nor would I condone anyone to do this.

as long as the chisel is in calibration, what's the problem? :driving:

He is a pretty good electrician though from the other videos iv seen him in and his explanations and designs of circuits. just hes limited with the amount of good quality tools they have in that country. very creative with tool ideas

Probably no so much in the UK but in many countries there's a very pronounced two tier system, You get the projects and tenders that are done to a high spec by big companies and you there's also a very large number of more informal tradesmen who fulfill the needs of the everyday market. They have their own tried and tested ways of doing things and whilst it might look like they're cowboys in actual fact they're often very good at what they do and extremely resourceful. They usually have minimal or even no formal education, their skills are all learned hands-on but they do get the job done and the end result is usually a functional, safe and reliable install. I've learned a lot of useful techniques from these guys over the years and having worked with them in several African countries I have a lot of respect for them.

As above ^,i would agree,the techniques i have seen,and,also used,whilst working in some of our foreign lands,have proved successful and inventive.

It is easy to poke fun,sigh and get all smug when some of these methods are "bared" in the new instant VT age...but i have worked with lads (and lasses) who may have been shoe-less and illiterate,but watched respectfully as they manufactured river powered generators out of scrap washing machines,or hand beat working satellite dishes from old freezer and computer spares...

I have been glad to add some of what they taught me,to the experience bank,and given the tools and training,i would warrant a fair few of them could turn out a level of workmanship far in excess of the dude who enabled earth continuity from a PILS incomer to a SWA using two jubilee clips and all three cores of an old piece of VIR,on a job last week :28:

Reply to Solid crimp right there!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net