Discuss Splitting 2 lights in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

richardsim7

-
DIY
Reaction score
Hello,

So I've got 1 switch that controls 2 lights, and I'd like to change that to a 2 gang switch so I can control them individually.

This is a diagram of the current setup:

T15tORF.jpg

I used a tone generator to trace the wires as access to the ceiling is pretty impossible.
Someone pointed out that wire 4 might be the switch wire instead. If that's the case, here's my proposal:

S5ag4fE.jpg

Is that correct?

Cheers,

If some bright spark on here can make head or tail of that little gem of a circuit diagram I will take my hat off to them
icon7.png

Just one question
How many cable cores do you have at the wall switch?

If some bright spark on here can make head or tail of that little gem of a circuit diagram I will take my hat off to them
icon7.png

Just one question
How many cable cores do you have at the wall switch?
already seen it Des..
playschool stuff...

Lol I thought it was the drink in me but now I realise it's a krypton factor challenge :)

Oh I know, it's proper special :4:

1 cable (2 core and earth) at the switch. So I'll have to run a 2nd cable...

Oh I know, it's proper special :4:

1 cable (2 core and earth) at the switch. So I'll have to run a 2nd cable...

You could always go wireless
icon7.png

Regards the circuit diagram and come to think of it,does Lowry ring any bells
icon14.png
icon7.png

It could be art and me being the un-arty type I may have been barking up the wrong tree
icon6.png

Reply to Splitting 2 lights in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net