Discuss Starting news supermarket installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Livingston ..

As to rehash , they have went all out and started from scratch from what I see.

today was handy, get your bearings, Girder clips, Yy cable and mewps.

It's a pain on shopping centre jobs. We used to lose our charging points all the time!
it got to the point that people were chopping the leads off each others scissor lifts!

beleive it or not, but in Westfield (white city) they were skipping scissor lifts afes hours before opening!
i was trying to get the large water feature (outside the restaurants) working!

What's the deal with yy cable on shop fits these days?
i noticed it on a shopfit i was on a few weeks ago doing a temp supply.
sy and yy are control cables in my book
Has some consultant decided along the way that that is the standard to work to?
just my 2p

just my 2p

Google agrees with you that it's control cable.

just my 2p

the last shop fit I did (currys/PC world) we were pulling in YY then.
it must be the way forward!
hey, they're signing the design part of the EIC!

And may I also add, hanging everything with grippers and steel wire ... Rough as.....,

its just like wiring big house...

Also can some one tell me about the connections of 8 way klik box. Does the mains go into the pub board or the big terminals. Connections are as follows E, N, SWA SWB, loop.
Is normal wiring as follow
SWA= perm live for em.
SWB= switched llive
loop= feed

is there aux in there too?

Reply to Starting news supermarket installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net